Thumb/hinge release style

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Bowguy, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys seems every forum has posts bout target panic. My own daughter at times goes through stints n that's with me watching n correcting her. I mentioned this to another instructor who mentioned I think it's George Ryal's you tube video- thing a week from the archery learning center.
    Anyway he thought this style might help rid her of issue for good. So far it's working.

Ok ok so you need to bow obviously to fit you properly. You'll need correct back tension. Since most guys use buttons I'll describe them. You draw n anchor, wrap your thumb around post(trigger) and once you've got a good sight picture instead of pulling through you relax your pointer, middle fingers basically causing your palm to elongate. The second it does release fires as long as you have a good release I should say.
    Fall is coming but there's still time to practice I've been doing it myself n it's improved what I thought was decent accuracy too.
    if you can find video n wanna see it let me know n I'll get you link

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Worth looking in too. I'd like to see the video.

3. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [video]https://youtu.be/-lwxnbrGAvw[/video] well this is link but doesn't seem to work. I'm not a computer guy so I'll try again later