Spot Hogg Fast Eddie

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by blueicefire, Apr 18, 2016.

1. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a stupid question.. Got the sight the other day as I need to send my other one in for service. Was shooting today to sight it in and sighted in at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. By the time I hit 50 yards, I was already on the letter "D" of their sighting in tape.

Either I have a really slow bow or something isn't right on the tapes. I'm fairly confused.

Right now I have PSE Surge, but have a New Breed GX2 on order, just won't be here for a a couple weeks.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm. Where is the pin for 40? I would take a blank tape and mark out 10, 20, 30, 40 ,50 and 60 and then see if they match up with a tape. I wouldn't worry to much about which tape it is as long as they hit the mark for the distance the pin is set on.

3. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had my Hogg father for three bows now, they use the same tape, all depends on bow speed, arrow selection and what not, my creed XS with Easton ACC's had me on the A tape..... AKA super slow lol

Then my nocam on B

Now the Halon and I'm on faster tapes but that's with extremely light arrows, I wouldn't worry bout it too much, just try to get the 20 yard sighted in as high on the dial as possible so when you get out to 90 you don't hit your arrow on sight housing

"Couldn't think of a good Signature"

4. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1461034603936.jpg

"Couldn't think of a good Signature"

5. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Yea.. That's the issue, nothing lines up. Tried to match in case I messed the yardage up and 30-40 match up, but 50 doesn't.

I noticed some fraying on the string and they weren't looking super great. So I just swapped them out to my back set, brand new set just with about 40 shots on them.

Hope that fixes the issue.

6. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'm making my own tape for this one.. tested it out and have it sighted out to 40 yards, and it looks like none of the pre-marked tapes will work. That kinda sucks, going to see if one of my other tapes match up.

7. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna try to put the tapes on mine tomorrow. Will keep you posted on how that goes. I am shooting a 455 grain arrow roughly 283 FPS.

I was thinking about this today. Have you checked to make sure your arrow is level and not pointing in a downward angle? Maybe try broadhead tuning? That would explain what you are seeing I think.

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I shot the 60 yard grouping today and it looks like that I am the I tape.

9. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm.. I could double check that, but I just swapped strings, set everything and same deal. A Def-Con M6 definitely shoots way faster than my bow, I know that for a fact. My GX2 will be here in like 3 weeks and we'll see where that hits since that shoots way faster than my bow does now as well.