Site changing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kurveball18, Apr 17, 2016.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is it common with a new bow/new string for the site to change do to string stretch?

Been shooting my Halon quite a bit these past 2 weeks and i was shooting great but its like my arrows are slowly dropping at 20 yards. I know i can easily slide my site down a bit to adjust but was just curious if its common to experience that with a new bow/string when its new.

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews stock strings are notorious for not being good quality. But I would immediately put a set of custom threads on any new bow. even though some manufacturers have a good stock set they are never the same as a good custom set.

3. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's very, very possible that could be the case.

Honestly though, the newer Mathews Zebra Trophy strings seem to be very stable but I would double check a few things before you drop the cash on a new set.

Peep sight, this is the easiest thing that can move to effect poi. Mark your peep height with a marker to make sure it's not moving. Even if it's tied in.

Check your rest to be sure nothing is loose and if it's a fall away, ensure its still coming up entirely. It's very easy for things to get bumped and move

4. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's entirely possible.

I mark everything (sights,rest,peep,cams,etc) with white out instead of a marker,it shows up a lot better.

5. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  6. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When I shoot, I try to always center my site ring inside my peep at full draw. Kind of a self check once at full draw that i'm anchored correctly as well. I will check my peep just to make sure next time I shoot. I dont think it has moved since it is really tied in good with twists but its possible so i'll check to make sure. If i remember correctly, when I got my HTR last year I had a similar instance after I got about 200 arrows through it so i'm thinking a little string stretch. If thats the case, I'll just adjust my pin and move on.

7. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal get as much use out the the string you have. Most of the time its the string material they use. Once its settled and done it should be good to go for some time