New Creed XS

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by spiker44, Mar 29, 2016.

1. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I go to the Bow shop and shoot some of the bows. Really like the Creed XS. The one in the shop is a little long on DL for me at 28". So the man says give me a few days and I will have a 27" cam put on for you as I dont have one right now. OK Cool I say and in a few days I get the call. Your Creed XS Black / Crimson is ready. Man, I am chomping at the bit to get this new bow. I pick it up a bare bow as I want to build and tune it myself. I get self satisfaction knowing I can tune with the best of them. I get this baby home and check the specs. 28" A to A Check, 71/2" BH Check. Look at the cam and it says CD27 and figured the came is 27" check. Put a new Ace ripcord rest on. Arrow height and center shot adjusted and tightened. Tie in the down cord and out to the target to see how she shoots before anything else goes on it. I pull it back and a great smooth draw to a solid back wall. But wait. What the heck. I feels way, way to short. Let it down and pull back again and i have to bend my arm way in the even have the string come close to touching my nose. I run and set up the draw board. I crank it back to the stop and it is barely to the 26" mark. And only reached 57 max pounds for a 60 lb bow. I check the cam and it reads CD27. What gives? I call the shop and he said it is a 27" cam and I have to be wrong. Told him I am not as I also ran a marked arrow and it measures less then 26". So now the long ride back to the shop and he has me draw the bow with his measuring arrow and says oh ****. So now I am waiting for another cam. I wish I told him to put a 28" back on but heard these cams run long as I felt in the original shooting from the beginning. I feel gutshot as I am undecided now about this bow and crazy cam deal. Am I in the twilight zone? do do do doo. do do do doo. Help me, help me...

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's kind of a tough call. If the cams were mis-marked that really doesn't have anything to do with the pro shop or the bow. Guess the shop tech should have double checked the draw length after he installed them but hard to fault him for that when the cams say they are 27. Sounds like it might have just been a mistake from Mathews if they got mis-stamped. You seem to really like the bow I would just wait it out at this point.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    AGREED!! I would wait it out and see what happens.

4. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting a Switchback since they first came out. Really my first bow since then. I never felt the need for a new bow. the switchback had everything I needed and still out shoots IBO speed on some of the new bows. Only thing now is I had to turn it down from 70 lbs and it is on the heavy side compared to the creed xs. So it is hard not to like the creed as I got that with 60 lb limbs. Cant wait to see what the new cam will measure. I will be happy if it is near 28". I guess keep changing cams until I find the one that works. Like you guys said, it might have been an error or misprinted cam.

5. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Switchback XT, then went to the Z7, and then to the Creed. I loved them all but the Z7 was by far my favorite Mathews until I picked up the new Halon.
    Good luck w/ it. My Creed draw always seemed perfect at 29.

6. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

7. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

8. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the new cam marked CS27 was put on the bow and it also only measured out to 26" Asked me know if I want to try a 28" So I try it and it is 28" right on the button. 28 feels to long for me. I shoot 27 but I might adjust my realese out an inch and try the 26" WTF? why cant I get a 27" draw. Shop guy is Pissing me off but I know he isnt at fault. Calling Mathews on monday

9. abeylord

abeylord Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The Mathews Creed XS continues the trend of Mathews following a new bow release with a shorter version of the same bow the next year. Last year, Mathews released the Creed, which sported a 30-inch axel-to-axel measurement; naturally, this year Mathews released a new bow with a 28-inch measurement. The Creed XS is not a fast shooting bow, but it screams forgiveness. With a short axel-to-axel measurement, the riser is actually the majority of that measurement, which means it is very stable for a shorter bow and will hold well on target. The 7.5-inch brace height means the bow is going to be very forgiving as well. For $999, the Mathews Creed XS may be a bit overpriced for some, but the quality and workmanship of the Mathews bow is fantastic. The smooth drawing Creed XS will be a great addition to those wanting a short, lightweight hunting rig from a top notch manufacturer.
    Pass4sure 300-101
    Pass4sure 300-115 dumps

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  10. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well to find out that the cam measure correct by this illustration. So if my DL is 27" I need to buy a 28" bow?

[​IMG]