Stabilizers

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jdb_77, Feb 10, 2016.

1. jdb_77

jdb_77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the market for a new stabilizer for my Hoyt Charger. Leaning toward the Bee Stinger or Doinker but any other suggestions are appreciated. Also what length is good to go with. I will be only hunting with the setup.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anything shorter than 8 inches really doesn't do a whole lot for stabilization. I have a 10 inch front and 8 inch side bee stinger and love it. Another cool stabilizer is from trinity archery, give it a look if you have the chance

3. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you want stabilization go bee stinger, possibly the 8&6 inch kit, or 10&8,

If you want noise and vibration dampening I'd say Axion is one of the best,

Figure out what you want to accomplish first and remember you'll get multiple weight adjustments with the bee's.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

4. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up going with a shorter stabilizer. I had an 8" one and it is always in the way when hunting. As daviddingle mention earlier, a short stabilizer really isn't that much stabilizing but can still provide some balance and lessen shock. I just bought a 5" stabilizer just to match my Mathews bow. It basically is just there to look cool and hold my bow camera. It does provide a little more front pull because of its weight but It's so minimal that I doubt it makes me a better shooter. Again, for hunting purposes, you will swear a lot less in the woods with a shorter stabilizer.

5. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a longer draw length - 29.5"
    What I found is a longer draw length needs a little more weight to help us from floating around.

I tried several Stabilizers and then found what works best for hunting. Most bow cases will accept almost 8".
    With that being said - I also like something that is around 8 ounces.

These work great - a little over 7 inches in total length and are adjustable from 6 - 8 ounces.

APEX CARBON CORE 7in STBL BLK or CAMO - GOOD LUCK.

If you are a shorter draw length - You can set it up at 6 ounces.

6. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would go with Bee Stinger. I have the 6inch but use the cobra knuckle so you can turn it upwards. That way I can use it as a carry handle with walking to my stand.