Field Points Questions! (for the 3D comp guys)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would put this in the target archery section. but not many people seem to visit that area. so my apologize.
    Also i know this seems a bit over the top but i am just curious. im not going to run out any buy new field points, but whatever info i get i will be keeping in mind when i buy a couple dozed new Easton Hexx arrow in a month of so.

This has always seemed like a overlooked topic to me. of course this is a hunting forum, and not a target archery forum. but you would think it would come up once in a while. the 3D guys would want the best i would think.
    I just weighed 6 field points, and 6 arrows. as some of you know I match the heaviest arrows and lightest field points and so on. but the particular set of field points are 3 grain apart! that may nit be much weight. but all that weight concentrated right at the front will tend to make the heavier points nose dive quicker.
    also has anyone noticed a difference in performance from different shaped points. iv never tried anything other that the type here in the picture.

So if anyone could answer these question i would appreciate it.
    1. What field point brands hold tight weight tolerances?
    2. What in you opinion is the optimal shape if any?

211qsD-q0IL.jpg