NAP Killzone help.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by TN_Guy, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TN_Guy

TN_Guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, I use to shoot G5 t3s and went to grim reaper. I liked both heads but I wanted a bigger entry hole so I decided to go with the NAP Killzone (trophy tip). From the moment I got them I was like this thing is awesome. I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of BHOD. All this sold me on them to buy some. I bought a new HHA kingpin sight and got it lined up. I always buy replacement blades for my broadhead a because I like to shoot the actual head before I take it in the woods. I shot two arrows with these heads into a broadhead target. 20 yards and 40 yards. I made a total of 6 shots. after 2 shots with one arrow my blades fell out bolt and nut gone. I'm thinking it loosened. Which I'm not a fan of. I had one arrow left . After each shot, I checked the head and blades. On my forth, the blades, bolt and nut are gone. What did I do wrong. I took them straight out the pack checked them before putting them on my arrow. Has anyone had this problem? Now in stuck with a brand new pack I'm afraid of using.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would go back to one of the other heads, No confidence in your equipment is not good. Call the manufacturer and sent them back for a refund.

3. TN_Guy

TN_Guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I contacted NAP and told them what had happened. The non tech told me that the tech guy was real busy but he would transfer me to him anyways. He also said that they did not recommend shooting targets with the real head because it could damage it. So he transferred me to the tech guy. All I can say is awesome guy. He told me that the broadheads are not suppose to be shot in the target (with actual blades) and that's why they give the practice blade to change out. He did not hesitate and said I'm going to send you two new complete heads, two new bolts for the ones I lost.. He said the heads that I shot to use as practice heads and not hunting heads. This was my mistake but NAP is fixing it. Awesome company. I'm gonna give them a try still and we will see what happens.

4. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly didn't like the person I talked to with rages customer service. She was saying I used the broadheads wrong because I had two out of three in a pack not open or the blades broke on the deer. The last thing I said to her was "I guess it's my problem not yours right?" She couldn't accept the fact that I got a pack of crap broadheads.

5. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just don't get why a head with the hunting blades on it is not ok to use on a target for practice? if it cant handle a foam target, what makes it ok to be able to handle a live animal?

6. crohunter

crohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    killzone is very soft broadhead....i kill roe buck and shot is on ribs, no pass trough and blade is bend...just one side..next time i miss buck and stack arrow on the ground, when i was pull arrow out blade is gone..just head stay on the arrow...never again buy killzone

7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Big diameter expandable heads are always going to be more fragile than a fixed head. No big diameter expandable is going to take repeated abuse from being shot into a target multiple times. They are designed to be shot at an animal one time and do maximum damage.

If you need a head that can be used over and over again buy a fixed head. All mechanicals will disappoint you in this situation.

8. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use NAP heads and I had to shoot to qualify with the broad head I was going to hunt with. The spitfire I used held up but not in overall good shape. I will be using kill zone as well this year and will target shoot the practice heads I have not found anyone that has not seen the kill zone fly like the field tip and my spitfire is spot on with the field tip as well

9. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    exactly!

10. Hubba Taylor

Hubba Taylor Newb

Dislikes Received:
    just make sure u tune them with arrow

11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1236.jpg

Shot a doe Sunday with the KillZone and the hole in and out was both large. My first shot with a mechanical. I will never give up on fixed heads but this head does a great job of putting them down.