peep sight problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ctrupp, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ctrupp

ctrupp Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am having a problem with my peep. As I shoot, my peep starts to angle to the right. What I mean is the front of the peep will turn to the right and the rear is going left. So, I am looking through the peep at an angle. I will then correct it, but a few shoots later it will happen again. How can I correct my peep, so that it stays straight the entire time? Thanks for the help.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most likely a string issue.

Try this, add a half twist from the top of the string, then re split and re install the peep. See if that works. ...if not then you might looking for a new string.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If the string was on the bow from the factory I would look at news strings and cables.

4. josephmrtn

josephmrtn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had that trouble before I trained my strings, it still turns slightly once in a while but I've formed a habit of always glancing at it an making sure its straight before I draw so I've never had a problem

5. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking the peep angle and the condition of my strings and cables was just a little habit I got into before I start my practice sessions. If your peep isn't secured properly no amount of twisting and trying to adjust it will help. Get to a pro shop and have it looked at, assuming that you've got one close by.

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Add a half twist or a full twist. It doesn't bother me to much because I'm used to twisting my peep every couple of shots since I don't have a press and I don't go to the shop to often.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get a quality string. It will fix your problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My first question would be how old is the string?

Before going and buying a new one if it is already new it may need to be trained like others have said above. Training is simply twisting your peep back in place before you shoot and before you store it. After a while it may settle in there and be fine. Another method is to slightly twist your D-loop in the direction the peep is twisting, to get the peep centered on the D-loop so to speak. For a more severe twisting problem you may need to take it in to the bow shop and add a twist or take out a twist in your string. That's assuming you do not have access to a bow press to be able to remove the one end of your bow string on your own.

If it's an older bow string it may be time to replace it. A reputable bow shop can take care of you and should be able to re-tie in your peep to where it works for you. Keep in mind if the same thing happens then go to the ^^ above to try to remedy it.

9. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Chuck nailed it. Make sure your peep is "served" in position, they can move even on new strings.