Stabilizer insert fail

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by digio40, Apr 7, 2015.

1. digio40

digio40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok ready... Came home with a chill r yesterday. Spun my bee stinger into the stabilizer insert and the thing is kicked to the left. Some would say its just a cosmetic thing and wont affect performance, true. Problem is when I spin my green light into the front of it for night hog hunts the green center beam is now shining on the pigs *** instead of its vitals, sweet. Ironically enough, my buddy had the same issue with his creed, but it was solved with the second new insert that we put in. So the original insert that came with my chill was f'ed and the second one I put in was better but still no where near perfect. Is the riser tapping jacked, out off all the things Mathews could have failed on while building and arrow launching machine they fail on this, ???

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This happen if it makes you feel better the hole was probably drilled and tapped by a machine not a human. You bought a bow not a Swiss watch. At least the draw is soo smooth.:p

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    take it back

4. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For the price of a new bow, It should be put together properly. It seems in this day and age almost anything I buy needs to be "finished". before using.

5. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to piggyback on what tacklebox posted, "take it back". An improperly aligned stabilizer port affects the functionality of the bow, and should be returned as defective. I don't have 1st hand knowledge with Mathews bow production, but I assume the Chill R is held in a production line jig when the stab port is drilled. Sometimes things get misaligned. I never thought to check the stab port alignment when I bought my NO Cam this year.