New Jennings bow.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BB4tw, Mar 23, 2015.

1. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The other day I stopped in to a sporting goods store to pick up a package of field points. What I found was a little surprising.

The archery department was very small, only taking up half of an isle. Most of the stuff was outdated and even some of the plastic packages had turned yellow. Apparently their main business is focused on gun hunting and collecting and archery was added a long time ago as an afterthought or trial and never took off for them.

Then I saw the round rack of new bows. Hanging there among several older Bear bows was two brand new Jennings Reliant one 50-60 lb and one 60-70 lb. Both had a price tag of $400

The owner offered to sell one of them to me for $300 because he had had them in inventory for a while.

Lol, ya think?

I passed because I really don't need another bow but it has been gnawing at me. Knowing their true age, but also knowing that Jennings built high quality, sometimes ahead of their time stuff I'm considering calling them up and offering $200.

Is $200 too much for a discontinued model/company? Is it not enough for an old but still new, high quality bow?

Please share your thoughts.