Mission Riot

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Ventilator, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any of you have this particular bow, or any of the Mission line up?

Went and looked at one for my daughter today, she seemed to like it and shot it well (for being on a test range). Mission's seem to get good reviews, for the little that I have read on them. We weren't out looking to buy today, just a recovery field trip for me to get out of the house for a while and fondle some Elite's that I'm not allowed to pull back yet. :sad:

Probably will be getting one this spring, but I figured that I'd spend some downtime doing a little online research. If you have any experience with the Mission bows, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks.

V

2. cg2737

cg2737 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Both my boys shoot Mission bows. 8-11 YO they had the menace, it grows with them and is easy to change things up on your own. I jumped them up to the Craze at 12 YO for more kinetic energy. I love these bows. Good price to boot. I think I would go with the Riot for my older boy at this point. They grow so fast that buying a bow with a set draw length would get real costly.

3. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2014 Mission Riot... ROCKS!

I do indeed have the Mission Riot. My husband bought it for me in February of last year and I LOVE THAT BOW! I went in for a Matthews Jewel and came out with it instead! Crazy accurate. Sweet, smooth draw IMHO. I tried 3 bows when I was in the shop...all set at 30lb. draw: one I struggled to pull back, one I couldn't, and the Riot was like silk.

I added to the bow: QAD Ultra Rest, a MeanV String stop, Bowjax, and an Extreme 4 pin sight.

By June I had my first Robinhood and I had another before I hit the fall woods for deer hunting--where I took 2 doe this year...both heart/lung shots. I've also shot squirrels with it out to 25 yards. Deadly accurate.

Yeah, I LOVE my RIOT!

Attached Files:

4. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you both for the info, and the wonderful pics, Lady Liberty. She seems to be taken with the Riot, and I've not heard anything bad about them. She's probably full grown as far as draw length goes, but she'll be able to pull more as she gets into it, and it's good to see that it has so much adjustability. She wants the camo one too, so at least down the road I can pass it down to the boy.

Thank you, I appreciate the help!

V