Peep Eliminator

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Capt Don, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Capt Don

Capt Don Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone ever use the peep eliminator or is it just another gimmick to part you with your money?

2. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No I haven't used it but what it looks like is they are installing a rear sight to the bow so you use that instead of the peep sight on the string. Seems like it would work OK for those that have trouble focusing through a peep sight on the string but the shorter sight radius, distance between the front and rear sight would amplify the miss if the sights are not in perfect alignment at the shot. I prefer longer distance between the sights not less and using a peep helps keep my form consistent.

3. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used a Perry's No Peep last year. I found the sight very well built, the service outstanding and the low light use, amazing since you no longer have to use a peep. However, sighting in the bow without a peep was initially more challenging. I have switched bows this year and look forward to seeing how the PNP works on a more forgiving and nicer shooting bow.

Overall.... great product!
    T

4. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used a Timberline NoPeep (no longer made) for years on various bows, seemed to work well. A pain to set up though, very touchy to adjustments. Shot well with it, but shot just as good with a peep. It was good in the days of rubber tubing and twisting strings, but with today's quality strings, I found it to be a bit obsolete.

V

5. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the Anchor Site since '05. Couldn't imagine going back to a peep.

SCFox

6. randyhaley

randyhaley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i just purchased one today ,,,hopefully helps me out as i'm very new to this ,,4 bullseyes out of about 30 shots ,,all time life record

7. fshafly2

fshafly2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I sew a very small ball on my string in place of a traditional "peep", using fine fly tying thread. I settle the pin on my sight in the bottom right corner of the ball (I am right-handed) and line up both on the target. I cannot focus on the ball as it is only inches from the eyeball, but I can see where it is with respect to my sight pin. This also works well in low light conditions with the bright fiber optic sight pins. I've used a "peep ball" for 40+years.
    Here's the ball on my string:
    [​IMG]

And here is the "peep ball" up close:
    [​IMG]
    The ball has to be tight on the string - it it moves, your N-S shot will be off. It doesn't need to be big, but it has to be uniform as you don't want a different perspective if the string rotates.

-fsh