No Cam grip

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mhouck06, Jan 26, 2015.

1. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone on here go with the wood grip for the no cam? After almost 4 weeks of shooting with the therma shield, I don't think I am a fan of it. I've always shot the wood grips. I think I'm going to switch back. Just wanted to see what people thought of the wood grip on the No Cam.

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you are using the thermal shield and don't like it, take it off. Try using just the Focus Grip that it came with. The Thermal Shield is an add on. Any Mathews grip should work. Never shot the NoCam but I have Torqueless Grips on all my bows.

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting! I love therma shield! I think Mathews wood grips are horrible. Might be that they are chunky and I have short stubby hands. :p

4. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought I really liked the Mathews wood grips, that is until I tried a Focus grip on my z7xtreme and since then I'll never go back to the wood.. My HTR has the focus on it.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    All HTR's ship standard with the Focus grip that has the wood inlay on the side. As others have stated the Thermashield is an accessory that covers the metal riser in front of the grip and really shouldn't affect the way the bow holds or shoots.

Personally speaking I love the Focus grip. I've been using them since I got my Z7x and haven't looked back. :tu:

6. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews wood grip

One of the first things I did after buying my NO Cam HTR was to get a custom engraved Mathews black walnut grip. It fills up my bow hand better and there's better balance and its definitely more comfortable. image.jpg I thought it was a good upgrade. A $50 investment on a $1K bow to me seemed reasonable.