Paper tuning "highs" & "lows" ( Trophy Ridge issues )

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by RutHunter, Dec 6, 2014.

1. RutHunter

RutHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Today I made time to paper tune my new hunting rig. The paper tuning went real well and I only needed to make 5 shots and adjustments in order to achieve a perfect bullet hole tear. That was the "high" I made reference to. The "low" happened when I decided to put a final torque on the adjustment bolts. The horizontal adjustment bolt tightened with no problems but when I tightened the vertical adjustment bolt the housing that is the vertical adjustment broke! I am an industrial mechanic by trade and know not to put too much torque on these small fine thread bolts. After inspecting the broken housing pieces it looks as if the cast was not good. The material used for the housing is porous with holes here and there where the piece broke. I sent an email to Trophy Ridge and I'm hoping they will take care of it for me. I really like the Biscuit as a hunting rest and in one way, I'm glad it broke now versus when in the field. I will attach a few pics to show what happened. Anyone have any experience with atrophy Ridge customer service? image.jpg image.jpg

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are very professional and should work with you. Good luck.

I have not found a better way to tune than by using two string levels. One gets attached to my cable slide and the other to my arrow. I stand the bow up straight and adjust my rest/nock/arrow for level. Next I turn it sideways and again adjust my center shot for level. I get broadhead/field tip tuned on the first try nearly every time. I may check for paper tune... but if my BHs and FPs are hitting the same, I am not moving anything.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  3. RutHunter

RutHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for replying. That's good to hear, I hope they come thru for me. I paper tuned first and had planned on walk back tuning today. Then when my broadheads get here I was going to broadhead tune as the last step. I'll have to try the string trick sometime. Sounds like it works real good! Really want to continue using the Biscuit as my hunting bow rest, I'll update this thread when/if I hear back from them.

4. RutHunter

RutHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good news!! Trophy Ridge responded to my email and is sending me a replacement bracket for the rest. That's great customer service!

5. mblenamo

mblenamo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard so many good stories about Trophy Ridge and Bear Products customer service. I'm glad to hear they helped you out. I use nothing but Trophy Ridge on my Bear bow for just this reason.

6. RutHunter

RutHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They have impressed me with their customer service! I'll be a repeat customer!