Easton flatline arrows

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Parkerg31, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey yall, I have previously been shooting gold tip pro hunters, but I recently bought some Easton flatline arrows to try out. Which are more accurate. What are y'all's opinions on which one is better for deer? For hogs? And also which one will penetrate more with better kinetic energy. I am shooting a 67# 27" draw on my Matthews craze. The Easton arrows are 340 spine and the gold tips are 400.

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Parker, the easton flatline is a fantastic arrow. However, you may want to go with something with more weight for hogs. For deer i think you'll be just fine. I've never had the opportunity to take a hog, but from what I've seen they are much tougher to penetrate through than deer.
    both will shoot as accurate as you can.

Give this a try: 125 grain tips. I'm not sure your arrow length, but if it's short enough, say 26.5 or 27 inches, you may be able to use a heavier tip. That will improve accuracy and penetration. Make sure you do enough testing cause you'll be walking the spine line. If it works though, could be a beautiful thing.

3. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the insight! I am shooting a 28" arrow, so do you think I could still get away with the 125 grain tip?