nap apache

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wiscohunter, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thinking of going with a nap apache rest on the new bow I plan on getting after this season. I currently use a biscuit and have never had a problem but would maybe like to upgrade. I've also looked at the q.a.d. ultra but not sure it's worth the extra cash over the apache. Anyone have any experience with it?

2. Tacksman

Tacksman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I too use a biscuit and also have looked at the NAP Apache and the carbon version. Feedback from those with info would be helpful. ;)

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I switched from a biscuit to an Apache. It is very easy to set up. My only complaint is that you have to really tighten it down or it will come loose and the handle that comes with it is not strong enough to tighten it as much as it needs to be tightened. I actually broke mine and use an Allen wrench inserted in the holes to tighten it now. Other than that, it does a great job. I really liked the WB too. Its a toss up to me as far as which one is better.

4. skope243

skope243 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use the QAD ultra rest, I love it and would never change to anything elce

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used both Apache and QAD HDX. You get get an HDX shipped for about $108 off Ebay. Well worth the cash IMO. The Apache is a good rest though.

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've had all three rests for at least one season. I have the QAD HDX on my bow and won't be changing soon. I actually have the Apache here and would be willing to sell it if you are interested. But I would still suggest the QAD HDX if you can afford it.

7. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had 3 QAD that were junk. I have 2 ripcords that are nice except a little loud. I currently use (2 bows) a NAP Apache Carbon. It is my favorite drop-away. Very little to go wrong, very quiet and much smaller/lighter than the original. If you are looking for a drop-away I recommend the Apache carbon. With that said, I always will have at least 1 bow with the most reliable hunting rest ever made.....The Whisker Biscuit.

8. whitecotton03

whitecotton03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a nap apache rest for sale if your interested

9. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had this same issue. I called them told them about and had a new one come in the mail 2 days later. That being said I never used it just sold it. I have since gone from a Ripcord which is a nice rest but isn't full containment all the time to a Trophy Taker xtreme fc. That is an awesome rest.

10. Renegadefowler

Renegadefowler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard and seen the QAD has clearence issues with the top bar. my cousins hoyt we couldnt get to shoot took it to a tech n tried it he couldnt either. then took the bar off and it worked and have heard it doesnt fall fast enough. I went witht he apache and love it

11. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I switched from the biscuit to the. Apache 2 years ago and love it. I do need to replace the felt that has come off of it though

12. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When everyone is talking QAD, are you talking the QAD HDX or the cheaper models?