New Twist on Peep Alignment.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Muzzy Man, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate shooting with a release... always have. I also hate peep sights with rubber tubing pointing at my eye, of which I only have one good one. So for years I have been forced to use a d-loop to maintain peep alignment.

I have been trying to simplify my shooting and have been dumping the gadgets. Here's what I tried and it works. I took my d-loop and pulled it straight, parallel with my string. lined it up with the peep, served it down tight except where my nock goes. I now use the d-loop string in the back of my string in the nock opening to maintain peep alignment. Voila, the string doesn't twist... I canned the release, dumped the mechanical drop away... and am shooting fingers again.

I may have to do a little more tweaking but so far, so good out to 30 yards with feathered aluminum 2219s, huge fixed broad-heads and field tips hitting within 2 inches.

2. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had a problem with peep twist once I started using top quality aftermarket strings and learned how to add/subtract twists in your string to get peep alignment perfect. When I draw my bow, the peep stays straight through the entire draw and is perfect every time.

3. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    With fingers?

4. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I draw it back with fingers all the time and it seems to be perfect. I just don't shoot it with fingers though. Mainly when I'm fixing something on it I'll draw it back with fingers instead of putting on my release.

5. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    My string doesn't twist much... and I have it really close... but... you know Murphy's Law reigns.