tunning broadheads

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jetmec, Aug 19, 2014.

1. jetmec

jetmec Newb

Dislikes Received:
    are there any good videos out there on tunning broadheads? would be great if you guys could add one to the how to videos.

2. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just try youtubing, ''how to broudhead tune''

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried BH tuning and in my experience, not the easiest thing to do. I'm new to bow hunting so that probably has something to do with it but I do know all BH's don't fly the same way. I'd start with a good 3 blade fixed BH and see how it flies with your current setup. I have some G5 Montec's that fly perfect and also bought some Toxic BH's that don't fly well at all. I don't want to discourage you but go to your local archery shop as well and see what advice they have.

Ike's Outdoors is a good YouTube channel and has a ton of how-to videos. Someone also turned me onto Easton's tuning guide that will go through a lot of stuff to include BH tuning your bow.

Easton's Comprehensive Bow Tuning Guide | Easton Archery

4. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ike's is good with the easton tuning guide which he mentions in his video. Youtube has a bunch of videos.

I follow the guide making small adjustments and one at a time. Remembering what you did in case you have to go back. Like mentioned look/try a couple different broadheads. Its a good feeling when those broadheads hit the same spot as field points at 40 yards or more.

5. jetmec

jetmec Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i use the G5's also. to this day i have never had any issues with them. just want to learn about tunning this way i can do it if its needed.