Shaft Size Question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mike121, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mike121

Mike121 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Right now I'm shooting a Hoyt Charger at 70lbs with a 30" DL. I got some new arrows, which are Easton Axis 340s, cut at 30". I'm wondering if those will be fine for this bow with my DL? Last year, when I bought my bow, I also got some Easton Bloodline 400s, cut at 29". I've since increased my DL to 30", which is why the change in arrow length. I also wanted a heavier arrow because the Bloodline 400s were borderline too light using the 5 grains per pound of draw weight rule.

That said, using the Easton Arrow Selection Chart, it says I need to use 300s if I want to go with the Easton Axis. I guess my real question is, how much stock should I put in that Easton Arrow Selection Chart? Should I swap arrows now, or will I be fine keeping the 340s?

2. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would think the charts are made by folks with more knowledge than myself. I would trust the chart.

3. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your cams are mild those 340 are perfect. You can tune them easy by changing tip wt if you need to.

4. Mike121

Mike121 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I thought the same thing, except my local bow shop probably knows more about it than me too and they gave me something even smaller than the 340s.

Thanks!

5. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You are one inch longer than I am on draw length..the 340s are my go to arrow.

LOVE EM----->