60x strings

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by A5BLASTER, Nov 3, 2016.

1. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking of getting me some of the ready to ship, pse strings from 60x, for my 2013 dna.

Since this will be the first time I replace the strings on my bow since I got it a few months ago, could someone tell me if this is a good choice to go with for new strings for my bow, got to keep this on a low budget but would like some new strings and cabels.

My freind i got the bow from has zebra strings on his new bow and while talking to him he told me to go with the 60x strings, just wondering what is the fourms thoughts on the ready to ship strings they make.

2. drezd

drezd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I put a set of these on my bow and haven't had a single issue (no stretch, no fray etc.) and have shot hundreds of arrows. I recommend them. Shoot an '01 Hoyt had to order mine special and not ready to ship but can't imagine there would be any difference.

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not to be "that guy" but what they are charging for those ready to ship strings, I wouldn't call that economical. I am sure they are fine strings though. I recommend Bow String Depot, they have a 15% sale right now, use promo code BSD15.

4. A5BLASTER

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replys gents.

I had checked the prices on the 60x ready to ship strings and cabels and they didnt seem to bad compared to haveing a custom set made, the custom made stuff is out of the budget at the moment.

Coop thanks I will check out that company shortly.

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with Coop, BSD hands down. Do it right the first time around and you wont be sorry.

6. A5BLASTER

Dislikes Received:
    My strings and cabels or doing ok right now even managed to kill me a doe this morning with my bow.
    my peep just seems to keep twisting to the right alot and i have two spots were there is a small gap in my serving, so I figured I should change them out.

My freind told me to have the string made with what he called speed beads, I been useing string leeches and they dont last even a week, but I shoot a average of 500 arrows a week practicing.

7. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "Speed beads" is probably slang for brass nock's with shrink tubing around them... and if so Brad at 60x will NOT install them on strings. (Insurance thing)

8. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A5BLASTER
    I am sure 60x strings are good. Just to throw it out there we back what we sell up to a year and have a 15% off sale going on right now. We are Professional builders called Bow String Depot and yes we install speed nocks
    15 nov.jpg

9. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used 60x a few times, no complaints and the quality was great.

I have heard nothing but great things about Bow String Depot and plan to give them a try at some point.

Another one to look into is Twisted X Strings. Great quality and customer service also.

10. carbon-arch

carbon-arch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How was the serving on the 60X? Did you have any separation?

11. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did have serving separation but I am not totally blaming that on 60x's quality. The bow that has 60x on it is hard on serving when shot at a short draw length like I have. The cable has to go over a sharp curve on the draw length module, which causes serving separation regardless of string brand.

12. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on serving size, serving brand, and if you are using liquid loc.. We use Powergrip serving and liquid loc and in most cases it solves it. In severe cases it slows it down.

13. carbon-arch

carbon-arch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply Swise660.

My bow is the same way, my buss cable at the cam end is rough on serving. When I replace this string set I was considering them, that`s why I was asking. Frustrating to say the least....

14. BB1

BB1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i put a set of 60X ready to ship strings on my PSE Stinger X this summer. Great string, fast shipping and price was great. I would recommend.

15. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting Catfish Custom Strings made here in west Michigan for the past few years with excellent results. Mike builds a high quality string with great serving and no peep rotation. Shoot me a pm if you want some contact info.