Peep twist

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by bowhunter448, Apr 17, 2014.

1. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just tied in my new peep (G5 Meta Peep) and I've noticed that it twists a little bit when I draw back. I can still see out of it, but I was wondering if there was a fix to it before I started re-sighting my bow in.

2. bornfromthecorn

bornfromthecorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll probably have to twist your string a half turn and it should be square, just turn it and take a couple shots and see if it settles how you want it. If not try again.

3. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I'll definitely do that tonight. I'm headed to the range to get it dialed back in.

4. bornfromthecorn

bornfromthecorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes you have to train your peep by doing what born-corn said, just keep twisting it back in place. Sometimes it works after a while. The other thing you may try is to twist your D-loop slightly, assuming you have one, to help keep it aligned when you are at full draw.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. rackstacker613

rackstacker613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same problem with my peep. its also a g5 meta peep on a bear encounter. I had it tuned at the local shop but it still twists. The only thing that seems to work for me atleast is once I have the arrow knocked give the peep a little twist back to center before I draw. And do that pretty well every shot. Good luck.

7. Dusty_Hunts

Dusty_Hunts Newb

Dislikes Received:
    had the same problem on my new bow. on every draw it would twist left, even with twisting it everytime it snapped back to the left. took it back to where I bought it and he fixed it so its perfectly in line everytime. doesn't seem like it will hurt but in low light situations with it twisted, you wont be able to see as easily. take it to a shop and have them set it up for ya

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a Meta peep on both my bows. Is your top cam or idler wheel have any lean to it?

9. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    No. It turned after shooting for a little while tonight.

10. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Single cams are known for this. It is unequal tension in the string. Too many twists in the front of the string and not enough in the rear or the other way around. Have a twist put in the string in the direction needed. If this causes the peep to go further then needed. you will need to add a twist to the back of the string. I have a z7 extreme in the shop that the pro shop said it was our string that was not built right. Well its strange to me that after adjusting it properly the bow has approx 50 shots through it and the peep stays straight the whole draw cycle.

Hutch

11. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^ This....
    Also with stock strings on a lot of bows you'll never get them to settle down...It sucks but it's a fact of life, stock strings are mass produced and honestly pretty cheaply built on most bows, sometimes the material they use isn't as stable as custom strings, the serving isn't as good and they don't pre-stretch them enough...They crank them out as fast as possible "and cheaply as possible" and throw them on the bows. Sometimes a guy just has to bite the bullet and buy top quality, custom built strings to ever keep a bow in tune the way it should be.

12. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about adding the twist. And I don't think it settled in straight. I just kept moving it before I drew back to the point that I didn't even think about it. I know it needs to not be that way cause that'll be the one thing I'll forget when I get a stalking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pro Shop...Hmmm. Remember my experience with a few of them.....lol.