two tight and one high and to the right

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Aralbright25, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Aralbright25

Aralbright25 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm having a little trouble with my tuning in. I'm consistently putting the first two arrows out of three(@ 20yds) right next to each other, usually tight together and my third shot is always high one inch and to the right one inch (give or take). So where's a good spot to find and eliminate the issue?

2. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would check the arrows. The arrow's fletching and/or straightness could be off and that could be the cause of your problem. I hope this helps. Good luck :)

3. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have your arrows spin tested if you can . also check the fletchings and another issue ive seen is after being cut they didnt sand it or straighten out the cut end enough before gluing your insert in and its angled a little causing the arrow to wobble in flight spin your arrows and look at the heads see if the are straight or the tip moves back and forth one way slighty during the spin.

4. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you using the same arrows in the same order? If you dont use the exact same order every single time its not going to be the arrows in my opinion, but i also have trouble with that just because i get over confident or something... if you are shooting the same arrows in the same order try shooting that third arrow first and see if it still goes high and to the right?

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds like a bad arrow/fletchings to me. But it would be hard to always shoot the 2 good arrows first everytime. Mark your arrows and shoot them. Just a number on the fletchings is all you need. Take note of which one the flyer is I'd bet its the same one each time.

6. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like others said, change the order of the arrows you shoot, shoot the last one first...

Then if your first two arrows are tight and the third one is still OFF, I don't believe it's a tuning problem...

You're ''subconsciously'' shooting the third one OFF in order to avoid the first two.
    Maybe you're afraid of hitting the first two already in the target or maybe you're moving you bow to the side too fast in order to see where the arrow is going to hit.

Let us know how it goes!

cheers

7. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Number your arrows and see if it's the same one every time.......

If it is then it's something to do with the fletchings, different weights, spine, etc. like the others have mentioned.

8. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try paper tuning it to see whether or not it is wobbly in flight. If so, the arrow is bad.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^Great Advice^ I was having the same issue. I put that one arrow to the side and shot another one and it was tight as the first two. I inspected it closely and one of the blazer vanes was starting to come loose.

10. Aralbright25

Aralbright25 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    20140416_212228.jpg
    Well last week I numbered the arrows and setup to shoot and that happened (above picture) on the first round. Coincidentally those were my last and only three arrows. ..lol. I wasn't able to get to the LAS till Monday to get more arrows and while I was there I talked to the bow tech and he told me that occasionally the odd vane isn't always lined up properly and I might have to tweak the nock alignment a little bit. I ended up buying the Trophy Taker smackdown pro that i have been wanting to replace my worn whisker biscuit. So without narrowing down the issue before changing rests and getting new arrows, I am not sure I will be able to tell exactly what the issue was. I will be picking up my bow today, so we'll see how it shoots with the smackdown pro and new arrows. I'll try to post an update later.
    Thanks again everyone for the help.

11. Aralbright25

Aralbright25 Newb

Dislikes Received: