QAD Inc - how to contact?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by joecool, Apr 13, 2014.

1. joecool

joecool Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

Anyone else having troubles getting through to QAD Inc?

I have a faulty QAD hdx that I wanted some support with. I was told QAD normally is very fast and had good support. I can't get a hold of them though for about a week now. I tried emailing 3 different addresses already. 2 of the emails I know worked previously from my friends. Their site is half broken and the support part is not working. No other email address is given.

Any clues? I wonder why they don't fix their homepage. They must know about it by now.

Cheers

Joe

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There has been a lot of talk about website getting hit virus, spam etc. Maybe they are one of them. The times I had issues with my 2 QAD rests I just called them. Spendy call for you I bet. Good luck

3. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yup just as hutch stated . But cant you just take it back to were you bought it for a exchange ?

5. joecool

joecool Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Whitetail: The virus thing might explain the homepage woes. I could skype pretty cheap, but couldn't find the number, which brings me to....
    Hutch: Thanks for the info mate. Finally got a reply from an employee and hope to get help today.
    Solocamin: Maybe I could, but had hoped it could be fixed easily with oil, lubricant or similar (the rest says don't oil on the side, so haven't tried). Also was encouraged to contact QAD directly by fellow hunters here in Denmark, as they should be very helpful.

Thanks for the input people. :-)

6. solocamin1

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah qad usually is pretty fast and they have a great warranty i dont know whats going on with them latley. If you cant get ahold of them id take it back were you bought it for an exchange. But yeah i wouldnt oil it they use a specific water proof non freezing lubricant for there rests and its more like a grease then a oil if you ever opened one up.

7. joecool

joecool Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Btw their homepage works again :-)

8. solocamin1

Dislikes Received:
    What is the problem you are having with the rest ??

9. joecool

joecool Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's sticky when let down. Meaning I have to press moderately hard with my thumb to get it free and raise it. Too hard to be precise.

I had it for a ½ year with no issues. Smooth all the way. But about 1 week ago, it started acting up.

It's due to the LD system afai can tell (QAD sales manager has half confirmed my suspicion briefly in a mail but they will let a technician contact me). When freed from let down position, its smooth enough. It also seem to go down well from upright position until almost down where it breaks a bit too early (imho). I don't know for sure, but it feels like it impacts the shot (slight random vane contact). Enough for me not to shoot since.

Check the video I sent to QAD if you're curious. http://www.joecool.dk/hdx.zip <--- Video doesn't show how hard it sticks, but you may get the idea. :-)

Anyway, it shouldn't be hard to raise the rest. So I consider it faulty. Especially considering it may impact arrow flight/vane contact.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  10. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same issue. I had to force it up and down and it made a scraping sound. QAD has great CS, they replaced it twice before I gave up and switched brands.

11. joecool

joecool Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Aye QAD seems to have great service. They will replace mine as well through a local dealer where I bought the rest. Great service, but wish it could be fixed easier than that. Hope it won't be a problem again.

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last year the first day of the Ohio season my HDX failed to drop, stripping the vanes and causing me to miss (what turned out to be my only shot opportunity the whole season). I emailed them, they replied within the hour and 3 days later I had a new rest. They had me email a picture of the setup to ensure I didn't have it installed incorrectly. They said I could go to a shop or mail it back. My time is limited so I mailed it. As soon as they got receipt I sent it they mailed a replacement. It has been flawless since and I shoot a lot and year round.

13. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I was thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk