Elite

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by PCO50, Apr 6, 2014.

1. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well this past sat. I went and shot the new Elite energy 32 and I must say wow! That bow is the smoothest bows i've ever shot. The draw cycle couldn't be any smoother and the back wall is very solid. it's very easy to let the bow back down if you would need to. I'm very impressed and can't wait to see what Elite has in store for their future bows. Hopefully i'll have enough money maybe purchase one instead of just drool over em.

2. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would recommend the 35! That's what I have and I love it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heard a lot of good about these bows lately

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Funny thing....I shot them both a few weeks ago and did not care for them. They looked like quality and were quiet. I just didn't care for the "feel". I did not like the grip and it is not changeable. I like a higher wrist. And the bow seemed to wobble left and right when the draw broke over. But that whats cool, we have choices. I bought a different brand.

5. kmart

kmart Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased an Elite Hunter last year and I absolutely love it. They are great bows and the customer service with the Company is great. I plan on shooting Elite for years to come.

6. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

You can go to torqueless grips.com and order customized side plates for Elite. The grip does take some getting used to. If you slide you hand up higher u find it easier to stabilize.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  7. striker

striker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome bow for sure I just shot the 32 and 35 last week and loved them. I'll be picking a energy 35 up within a couple of weeks I can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Side plates are side plates for the most part, they do not change the heel of the grip or the angle...Pretty much with custom side plates your buying pretty colors or a glossier finish and that's it, they don't really change the way the grip feels while shooting.
    I've owned a number of Elites over the years, they make a good product, but that banana grip of theirs is a love/hate deal, you either love them or hate them, a lot like the Mathews wood grips....I can shoot the Elite grip fine, but I hate to work at it and really focus on it, IMHO they are one of the most inconsistent grips on the market for the majority of people...
    Elite does offer a full, 1 piece grip, but it doesn't change the angle much and it's rubber which can lead to other shooting issues if it's a grippy/sticky rubber. Their 1 piece grip pretty much just makes it a little fatter and warmer in cold weather.

9. jlathigee

jlathigee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree. My e35 was the hardest grip to get used to, actually still trying to get it consistent. But, I do enjoy everything else about the bow.

10. striker

striker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It goes to show to each there own I actually like the grip on the elite I don't like Mathews grips at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like Mathews wood grip either, the Focus grip I really like but not the fat wood grip.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy my Elite Energy 35 more than any bow I've had before.

13. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The grips at torqueless grips are one piece and not just side plates. They definitely offer a more consistent grip. They are a little pricey. I have learned to shoot well with the original grip. If your palm slips a little I wrap some black hockey tape around the handle.