How much do bows change from year?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by bclark1, Mar 9, 2014.

1. bclark1

bclark1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How much do ya'll think that bow manufacturers change their bows each year? It seems to me like sometimes bow manufacturers will put a new grip on their bow, make it 1/4 lb lighter, give it a new finish, etc but its still relatively the same bow. Do Ya'll think that there is enough improvement from one year to the next to justify buying the new model every year, or is it just because its hoyts new bow or Mathews new bow so people throw out a grand for it?

2. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well i buy mathews flagship bow each year and you are correct about about most companies will do that to have something new to put on the selves each year to compete but also some of the companies bows do get alot better some how how just doing the smallest thing like the creed and creed xs i thought the creed was the baddest bow ive ever shot then the creed xs and man they really didnt do anything but ad colors and shave off some inches but it made such a big difference the creed had a hill or hump into the back wall when fully drawing and it was a good stability in the hand and felt like it shot like a 32 ata bow but the xs wow has no hill or hump just so smooth just rolls all the way through the draw cycle untill the back wall and its so much more stable in the hand its crazy and it shoots like a 30 ata bow due to the larger cam and idler but i notice a difference each year and without droping a grand i spend around 7 to 850 for brand new bows here in illinois the creed xs retails out here for 825.

3. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will the new changes put more venison in the freezer or antlers on the wall?

4. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    NOPE... ain't marketing wonderful?

5. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not enough changes for me to justify buying a new one every year. Maybe one every 5 to 6 years but that all depends how you feel about your bow and how you think it shoots, Confidence is everything in archery.

6. Back in the Pines

Back in the Pines Newb

Dislikes Received:
    From year to year, definitely not much change. The amount of work it takes to really invent a new technology is years in the making. From five years ago to today? There is a change. Five years from now? I'm sure there will be another change. Eventually though the laws of physics etc will catch up with them and it will plateau. I think we are close already.

7. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It depends on what is changed and how much. I have heard plenty of guys say "all they changed is the cams". Well...that can be a hell of a difference! Simple things like the grip can make a difference too. Does that mean you have to buy a new one every year, no, but It is the bow companies job to put a product out there. Some changes you may not even realize have been done and can make a huge difference, such as quality of materials and the process in which components are made. I buy a new bow ever 2 years or so because first off..I can. Secondly I like to feel like I have the best possible equipment possible at the time. In my mind it is one less variable I have to worry about. If "good enough" was just good enough we all would be using longbows and arrows as straight as a country road. In the end shoot what makes you happy!