Compound Bow

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hoytman62, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Hoytman62

Hoytman62 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Two years ago I bought a new Hoyt CRX32 Compound Bow. I tried several bows, Matthews and all and decided on the Hoyt. I simply love this bow. It shoots great and is fast enough for just about anything to hunt. Every year different manufacturers come out with new bows. I know of people that get new bows every year, just sounds senseless to me. I found a great bow and would never change unless something happened to it. I was just wondering what motivated someone to buy a new bow every year instead of using the bow they had already bought. Just wondering....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lot of people buy new bows every year just because they can. Wish I was in the position to buy a new bow every year but I am on the 5 year plan right now!

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some people are sponsored so they get paid to shoot the newest stuff on the market. Others just have the disposable income to do it. I'm with jfergus7 on the 5 year plan. I bought my bow 2 years ago as well and while there have been a bow or two come a long that I think I would like more it hasn't been enough to justify spending the extra money to upgrade. Although waiting 3+ for 60lb limbs last year after my shoulder problems almost made me pull the trigger. Which is the other reason someone may go with a different bow after just one year. Service. I thought long and hard about it during that wait for those limbs.

4. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had my bow since 2008 :lol:

5. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got my first bow in 1975. At one time a bow would last me 7-8 years. It seems my hunting style and needs have changed a few times since (last 15-20 years). Now I am prefer a small bow to shoot out of a blind. I like my Oneida but at 45" long and #80 pounds it is tough in a blind. Also now with the great change in bow efficiency I don't need a 80# bow anymore. I actually just ordered another 60#. Also I am a time in my life I can afford a new bow every other year or so.

With that said I have been fortunate enough to be able to "pass on" my bow to some who needs one, can't afford one and would "deserve it". Funny though, I was talking to a buddy yesterday (2 days after I ordered a bow) and he asked if I was getting a new bow this year. He was hoping to give his bow (one of my old ones) to his boy (first bow) and knows I will sell it so someone in need for cheap.

This is why I have gotten new bows in 2004 then 2009, 11, 12, 14. But no one will ever get my Outback.

6. gsniper3006

gsniper3006 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a monster mr6, can string suppressors be added this bow? I see them on the z7 and reesen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

7. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No kidding I have seen you shoot!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

8. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, you wanna start comparing things do ya? Bring it on :poke: