New PSE Bow Madness 29/60 lbs.....235 FPS? :(

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by bluecollaroutdoors, Feb 25, 2014.

1. bluecollaroutdoors

bluecollaroutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a new bow this season and I really like it. Never got it on a chrono during the season but did get 2 deer and 2 passthroughs with it. Also it consistently zips arrows through my target which never happened before and the targets are in very good shape. Any one with a decent feel or eye can see that its alot faster than my old Hoyt Ultratec.
    Last night at a Techno Hunt/Video archery setup my new bow only registered at 235 fps. Any thoughts on the accuracy of these video setups as far as speed goes?
    My new setup is a PSE Bow Madness and its set at 29 inch draw and 65 pounds. I am shooting 340 spine 31 inch 9.3 gpi arrow with 100 grain tips. So 288 + 100 = 388 plus some nock and insert weight.

My old hoyt did 235ish at 60 lbs and now this new rig at 65 lbs is only doing 235ish as well? Its IBO tag was 315 and I wasnt expecting that but I figured I had climbed up to 275 at least.

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If your arrow is 31" your actually at 388 with 100 gr. point. Depends on your vanes, if blazers thats another 18 grains, guessing at insert of 14 and nock weight of 10. that makes a total of 430gr. If your ibo is 315 it should be around 265fps with a KE of 67lbs.. you need to shoot through a real Chrono to see. What year Bow Madness do you have?

3. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    If your arrow is 31" your at 388 with 100 gr. point. Depends on your vanes, if blazers thats another 18 grains, guessing at insert of 14 and nock weight of 10. that makes a total of 430gr. If your ibo is 315 it should be around 265fps with a KE of 67lbs.. you need to shoot through a real Chrono to see. What year Bow Madness do you have?

4. bluecollaroutdoors

Dislikes Received:
    New from the factory in October. I believe it was the 2012 model. I have very short fletchings I believe there blazers.

5. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I would only go with what a Chrono says, if it was me. I don't know much about those video/techno things. You got to shoot a certain distance away too for it to be accurate.

6. bluecollaroutdoors

Dislikes Received:
    Alright sounds like i need to shoot it through a chrono. Just seemed very slow considering it seems so much faster to me than the hoyt. Either way I like the bow.

7. Grahambo

Grahambo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As close to Illinois while still in the Hoosier St
    And you've killed deer with it, check it on a real chrono, it will be in the 265-275 range.

8. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its faster than 235, shoot a reliable chrono and let us know...

9. bluecollaroutdoors

Dislikes Received:
    275 I wouldnt have blinked at. I cant imagine people shooting at 330 with actual speeds. I already thought this thing was a rocket ship. Hell of a bow for $375 brand new and completely set up for me either way.

10. wisBOWhunter

wisBOWhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Hoyt spyder 30 with a ibo of330 29 60 my draw lengths 27 inch's pulling 73 pounds and I got between 264 and 268 .

11. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you guys ever dealt with these new sound apps that are supposed to measure arrow speed? Are they accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What distance was the video target away from where you were shooting. 235 may be accurate at the distance you shot from and not 3 feet from the end of the bow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk