Shwacker talk? as good as they say?!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mitch310, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mitch310

mitch310 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys!! hope all is having a good season so far, almost a week in here in pa.
    Just gotta question for ya though..... these shwackers.....
    first off im a nap bloodrunner fan. shot my buck last year and it died within 30 yards with a blood trail like a paint bucket. Now i know its all in where you place that arrow, and i am never one who has been big on listening to the advertisements but I saw some stuff on the shwacker that almost blew me away. Between the holes it puts in any animal and the plywood test which im sure you all have seen, are these things really that great? I never thought I would do this but im thinking about switching right now during season to these things but I just dont know how I feel. Im shootin a 13 elite hunter 29 in draw and 64 lbs with Maxima red 250s. I heard about the KE to open these things and put holes and i think my ole' hunter has what it takes. Let me know what you guys think and dont worry you wont hurt my feelings.

Best of luck to all!!!

BT Outdoors!!

Merica

2. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am a fan. My second year using them. Shot 2 last year that died in sight. Very rigid and well put together for a mechanical.

Attached Files:

3. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The blades are heavy duty, fit and finish could ge better but I am using them again this year because they work

4. KillerC

KillerC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you've had that much success with the bloodrunners and they are shootin well, why switch mid season?

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Friend of mine switched to them this season...He loves them so far. Shot a doe last sunday at 6 yards and she took three steps and fell over. Here's his entry hole...

Ray's Entry Hole Swhacker 2 Blade.jpg

I shot a deer that night also and I am shooting NAP Killzone Maxx's. Just to compare entry holes heres mine also...

Killzone Maxx Entry Hole.jpg

6. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot NAP Spitfires. The #1 reason is my father-in-law passed and I got his Matthews bow and the majority of the broadheads he had were NAP Spitfires. I like NAP and would like to stay with them. I usually carry 4-6 arrows with me because I take squirrels and coyote when I can. Was thinking of a mixed bag. With NAP, I would like your thoughts on Spitfires, Bloodrunners, Killzones and Thunderheads. The other broadheads I would think about are Swhackers and Muzzy. I see Hank Parker all the time on TV and I have seen the plywood commercial a thousand times. Never heard a bad thing about a Muzzy. Muzzy vs a Thunderhead? Please advise, I am all ears (or eyes).

7. mitch310

mitch310 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delayed reply. But my bloodrunners have done awesome on the few deer I used them on. They literally cannot fail. mine was jammed with mud and dirt after i missed one last year and took me a day or two to find it, washed it out and pushed it a few times and its good as new, even still sharp!! I recently bought my dad the killlzones but he has yet to put them to good use but they shoot really well in the yard. The thunderheads are kinda NAPs claim to fame i believe. Those broadheads from what I have heard can take one hell of a beating. but to be honest I am not a big fan of the spitfires, i have heard manyhorro stoires and witnessed many problems with them opening. my uncle shot one and the one blade never opened even after we skinned it. But the spitfires are the only product from nap that i am iffy about. other than those i love that company and all their products!!

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Swhackers and love them. Killed 5 last season with them. two required no tracking. Fell in their tracks. Never had that happen with a bow before. One ran about 15 yards, the other two about 40 yards. The Blood trail a blind man could follow. Blades don't break off either. Penetration is unreal on them.