Tuning Arrows

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by LoneWolf1, Sep 11, 2013.

1. LoneWolf1

LoneWolf1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here some that I had thought of before is tuning arrows...One thing you need to get is DIGITAL GRAIN SCALE which I need myself...I will not be buying my arrows in a doz. I know that it will cost more but I would like a match set of arrows to me a set would be 3 arrows...I first time I seen any like that was here on Bowhunting.com Building Your Own Arrows Posted by: Brady Miller on Jul 24, 2013...See I not going to build arrows at time I will get the scale and as go buying my arrow I will weigh the arrow and try to match them you ca...Now mark them in set (3) nail polish same color use different colors for each set....

2. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate Your enthusiasm but arrow weight variance from a dozen off the shelf is a non factor. Bow tuning and your own form are 100 times more the contributing factor to poor groups. 3 arrows? You need 3 broadhead practice arrows before every sit that will get chewed up and 3 spun up, sharp and in the quiver.

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It depends on what your wanting to do.

Competing, arrow tuning is very important. I've had mine tuned in the past on a shooting machine. Made a big difference.

Buy easton arrows by the dozen. They are sold by the lot numbers so you know you're getting the same batch. Assuming higher end arrows. As long as they are still packaged, you're fine.

Weight is a small factor, you want them out of the same lot due to spine variances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

4. OKhunter

OKhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the variance in a pack of a dozen is not NEARLY enough to worry about. IMO the fletching and broad head alignment is more important than a less than 2 grain variance at most in arrows especially if you are shooting fixed blades. A difference in broad head alignment will make a bigger variance in impact location than the 2 extra grains will.

5. LoneWolf1

LoneWolf1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Your right about 2 grains or less...Broad head alignment is important...