Arrow rest change

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by nanook, Aug 28, 2013.

1. nanook

nanook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, right now I'm shooting my bow with the TR whisker biscuit that came with my bow. I've been reading a lot about fall away rests and have been very interested in the G5 Expert I drop away rest. However I've dialed in my bow and not sure if I should change anything right before the season starts in October. I know that it would be better to have an arrow rest that has zero contact with my fletching just not sure about changing it out right now or wait till the season is over. Look forward to your thoughts.

Tim

2. raynman46

raynman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its all about how comfortable you are with the time you have to get it dialed back in. When i made the switch, i was back on point that day after sending about 2 dozen arrows down range. If you have it put on at your local shop, they should do a pretty good job at mounting it straight and there really shouldnt be too much adjusting to do. But like i said, its all about how comfortable you are with the time you have.

3. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally just got a QAD ultrarest HDX and I love it so much. I just put it on yesterday and my season starts on 18 days. I think you should be fine. You have a whole month + to get acclimated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. nanook

nanook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! I'm thinking I might go get a new one this weekend and since its a 3day weekend maybe get it setup and ready!

5. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just make sure whatever you do that you feel confident with it, having said that I switched from the original biscuit to the nap 360 because of the easy adjustability of up/down and left/right !

6. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the NAP quicktune 360 and it's good. No fletching contact.