I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by HunterC., Jun 28, 2013.

1. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I can not figure this out. My bow has been shooting left about 4 at 50-60 yards and slightly less till I get to 30 where it is dead on, so I thought it was my rest. I move it just slightly and it shoots dead on. I move back to 20-30 yards and it shots right about an inch- inch and a half. I'm puzzled.... What am I doing wrong? Is there something else causing this other then the rest? I am going to shot some more in the morning and take it to a bow shop and have it checked out but any help would be great. Also I took my string stop off that I have on my roller guard (I have a 101st airborne and it is made with the bow but is removable) due to some advice from a friend, but since I done that I am shooting low by about an inch at 20 yards. Is that from taking the string stop off?? Thanks for any help you can offer me!!!!

2. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1)paper tune the bow. 2) Make sure the arrow has the proper spine 3) check your cam timing marks for alignment 4) Use your sight bubble and watch hand torque. Put the string stop back on.

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say your you've got a little tourque goin on. But since your goin to shop the things PSE said would worth getting checked out.

4. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeah that is how i would go about solving this problem

5. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I'm wrong but once you move your rest your POI should change at all yardage. Move your sight to correct POI at 20 then see where you're at at 40 yards, then repeat.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  6. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I put the stop back on and I did notice my bottom cam does seem to be slightly out of time (I'm not a hundred percent sure though) so I'm getting ready to take it to the shop and see what they say. I don't believe I am torqueing the bow, I shot with a open hand but it is still possible. I'm going to adjust the rest again and see if I can fix it that way. I cant do it today but tomorrow I will try to paper tune it and make sure all that is good. I did just recently change my draw weight from 65 down to 60 but I still shot Carbon Express Mayhem arrows in 350 at 28 inches. I think I looked at there chart and it was on the border line for spine but I cant seem to find there chart on there website again. Do you think a 350 is to stiff or weak? Should I try a different spine?

7. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Timing marks misaligned= string stretch, which happens yearly, couple of twists and done. Paper tune don't keep moving the rest and guessing. The last item is level your sight bracket to your bow.(3rd axis) Put the bow in a press upright and check vertical level, then adjust sight bracket position for vertical and horizontal level. My guess is your string stretched and you need to paper tune.

8. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I finally got it to the shop and my top cam was just a hair slower then the bottom cam. I got that adjusted and a slight tweak to rest got it going good. Thanks for all the advice and help!!!

9. PA-Legion

PA-Legion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely paper tune the bow, but also something that may be causing this is your anchor point. Focus on hitting a consistent anchor point. I had the same problem and thought it was my bow, turned out it was me lol.

10. BowHuntin

BowHuntin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Walk-back tune - gets your rest centered
    Creep tune - get cam timing on the gnats azz. Not to be confused with synchronization.
    Paper tune - to see where your at
    Bare shaft tune - that's all that's left to do.

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    3rd axis problem?

12. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Center shot is off. Check with walk back tune or with french tune. Do not use paper to set centershot. Paper can be used later to check tune and arrow flight.

Or you aren't holding the pins vertical with a level.

Do you have a level on your sight? if so ,do you use it?
    If yes to both, then the bubble may not be square with the pins.

What kind of sight?

If you zero the pin at th longer yardage, do you move the opposite direction at the closer yardage? What happens sometimes is distance shows you are off when you can't see it at the closer. Just adjust for the longer yardage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  13. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    An open hand can and does cause torque. Your hand should be relaxed, whether it be ipen or closed doesn't matter. It can also cause consistency issues.

This is what you need to be doing.

http://www.bowtube.com/media/6/get_a_grip/

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  14. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 350 is a .334 spine. (Have no idea why CE can't just put the damn spine on the arrow instead of these weird numbers that have no real bearing on the arrow size)

28", is that arrow length or draw length?

But I assure you, this has nothing to do with your issue.

15. johnson33445

johnson33445 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Use your sight bubble and watch hand torque. Put the string stop back on.that's wright i agreed