Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    REMYNGTON is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a dozen about 10 months ago and keep 6 for hunting only and use the others as target and practice arrows. I've been fortunate in that I still have all 6 practice ones but 1 of them needs refletched after broadhead tuning. Learned the hard way that you should shoot your field points after the broadheads. Haha. Or you'll end up with an arrow that only has 1 vain left on it.
    ~"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear

~2008 Diamond Marquis 28.5" @ 68#
    ~NAP Apache Dropaway
    ~TruGlo 3pin sight (looking to replace soon)
    ~Tru Fire release
    ~Beman ICS Bowhunter 340's w/NAP Quickfletch
    ~Swhacker 125gr

Fitz is offline Administrator Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    I typically buy new arrows when I'm down to 4 or so. Since 2007 I've only bought 30 arrows. The last dozen I just bought, is the first time I didn't just get a half doz. I also picked them up because I sold my last 5 arrows with my old bow.

fitz@bowhunting.com
    Mathews Creed in Black/Lost Camo | Canon 70D - 18-135mm STM Lens
    T5 Arrow Quiver - Black Gold Ascent w/ 4" Dovetail | Rode VideoMic Pro Shotgun Mic
    NAP ArmorRest - Pine Ridge Nitro Stabilizer | Muddy Pro Camera Arm
    CX PileDrivers 350 - NAP Quickfletch, Killzones & Hell Razors | Manfrotto MVH502AH Fluid Head

My 2014 Season Journal Thread

trial153 is online now Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say on avg I buy about 3 dozen shafts or so a year and I have usually have about 10 dz or so on hand. Most years I am switching and shooting between about three bows. it pays to just have a variety so I can choose what I want to tune for a certain bow.

Certain shafts I will buy if I need them or not providing I am getting them at a great price, and I know I will use them in the future.
    "A man with no enemies is a man with no character............Paul Newman
    "It is good to have and end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.".. Ernst Hemingway
    "Happiness is a blood trail".......Me, Trial153

Whitetail is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually buy 1 dozen every time I get a new bow, that's about every 3 years or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12