draw length and pin position

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by radcliffk75, Mar 22, 2013.

1. radcliffk75

radcliffk75 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    took my bow in to basspro for a cam module change, now my pins are all off. Does extending my draw length really effect my pin position that much?

2. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    2 things draw length and nocking point changed thus changing where it hits.

Hutch

3. wcm250f

wcm250f Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, changing draw length with affect speed of the arrow. Not sure how much though

William
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. radcliffk75

radcliffk75 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    so do I need it re-tuned or increase the poundage to bring arrow speed back up?

5. Deanh90

Deanh90 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you increased the draw lenght the arrow speed will increase automatically. the one thing i would recommend with increasing draw length is drawing it back with your eyes closed, get a good comfortable anchor point, the same one you used before, then open your eye or eyes and see if the peep lines up. usually if you increase draw length you will have to adjust both your nock point and your peep sight due to the V angle the bowstring is in when you draw it. I would definitely take one of my bows to a shop and get it tuned out just to make sure. hope this helps.

6. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  7. Deanh90

Deanh90 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    also don't worry about arrow speed so much. There are still people killing deer year round with recurve bows that don't shoot nearly the speed as a cheap compound bow. Shot placement is everything. If you can aim the bow about 5 feet in front of you at the ground and draw it back smoothly than that is a good poundage for you. The less you move on draw the less chance the game has to see you in the stand. Get that thing tuned out to you then get good with it, then get really good with it, then you're good to go hunting. Hope you have a good harvest this year.

8. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I learned the hard way that lengthening the draw length or upping the poundage will move the POI. lol

You have some great answers here, so you should be good to go if you use the advice. Let us know how it goes.