2017 LW.. any updates?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tkarrow, Jan 10, 2017.

1. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No word on Lone wolf changes for 2017??

Thanks, Tom

2. bowhuntva

bowhuntva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a live feed and someone mentioned that there were not any new changes for 2017.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I mean what more can they really do? Seriously?

4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't agree more! You can't improve perfection. lol

5. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol no such thing as perfection, would consider lonewolf if they would come out with a two sided step.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay I gotcha...nothing "new" in the sense of technology or stands just maybe some broader or different offerings.

My "hunch" is they don't because that adds weight and they've always said they are all about minimizing weight for that hunter packing in their stands and sticks.

I love the Hawk Rzr steps and they are double sided, might wanna check them out!

7. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got to have a weight rating of 350 for me to beable to use them. But will check them out.

Useing the xop sticks now and love them use them to pack in and out with my Chippewa stand going to muddy for the two sided step.

I understand the idea of saving weight for carry in hunts.

Not that I'm complaining bout lonewolf, just don't think anything is perfect for every hunter is all.

8. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How about a easy way to carry sticks on stand. I like the quiver idea but I've heard a lot of people hate it. Figured they could have made that better.

9. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering the same thing. This is not a good sign for the company unless, this is just not the time of year they make their announcements.

In the face of their most stiffer competition: XOP, Hawk, and others...you have no innovation to show on the biggest stage of the year? Not even a tease to share with us? Come on, that is a major marketing and sales problem. Could point to lack of R&D as well. Can you imagine Matthews not having any new changes for their 2017 lineup? OK, Matthews is not a fair comparrision however, you get the point.

As an example, even if the innovation XOP just showed (new climber) does not work as well as they want it to, it shows that they are more hungry and aggressive in our market. They are making more noise. They are getting more share of voice. Maybe it is because the want to be acquired (which would be another great exit). Regardless, it's a good sign for them and us. I will lean with the company that is working harder for us hunters than not...especially when price and product are comparable...and almost always when price is lower and product is comparable or better.

Heck...even HSS showed us telescoping poles with plastic pieces on top to hang a lifeline safer (which I do not think will catch on for most people).

Disclosure: I own multiple LW and XOP stands as well as steps. I like both of these brands and their products. XOP feels more exciting to me right now. They make me want to talk about them more.

10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree with you more. I laughed when I saw the HSS video. Like really! A fricken pole with a plastic piece on it