First 3d shoot

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by J.Mcgee, May 9, 2016.

1. J.Mcgee

J.Mcgee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Shot my first 3d shoot Saturday and I think my nerves got the best of me I shot the asa known 40 open class because of my single pin slider sight and scored a 190 on 20 targets which put me in dead last place. How do you practice for pressure. my 2-3 inch 20 and 30 yd groups turn into 5-6 inch groups on the 3d course in competition

2. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say not to worry as much while shooting and think u are in the timber shooting game u have 2 minutes to shoot so clear your mind. Them are the steps I take even tho I also shoot against guys that nock down big scores. More 3D shoots will help.

3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    practice and more practice. It's alot like your first day at a new job. You're very anxious and can make silly mistakes but the more and more you do it and it will become 2nd nature

4. Flipper

Flipper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Don't feel bad, at least you hit the target . I restarted shooting again after being gone for years. Got out A Pro line bow from
    1987. I missed the hay bales completely. shoot left handed, but right eye dominant. After shooting 100 arrows,an not hitting any thing but a big tree in the back yard, I about gave up.I did discover by closing my dominant right eye,ad used my left eye, I now was hitting the straw bales.Then the bow string broke. Now was told by local shop, that strings are no longer made for this bow.

So now I ordered new bow. But found on the internet a site that sells ( Peep site eliminator ) Any one out there try one of these
    in place o a peep site.

5. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did a few tournaments with my son.

He always asked: What's your score dad???

I always reply... I don't know !!! But I'm having fun... Are you?

I see 3D competitions as very good training for the hunting season...

Points don't fill the freezer, practice does.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just a case of stage fright and nerves. It happens a lot when you shoot/compete around people you don't know. First time I competed in a Long Drive Golf Competition, I hit the ball maybe 10 yards. Once I focused and pictured my self swinging all alone, I was fine. The more you compete the better you will do. Keep practicing. It will pass.

7. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like the others have said, the more you do it the better your scores will be. I usually shoot non-comp, and define success as not losing an arrow. That makes it a lot more fun to me.