Begginers help

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by froggy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. froggy

froggy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    :Hello my name is James and I am a bit of a novice and I have a little issue with what arrows to use. I have a recurve bow ,if that makes a diffrance, I started with just some arrows from Wal-mart so I would just have somthing to shoot but found that the knocking would break too easily, I then moved up to acadamy with only the knoladge that I need better knocking. I started with these places becuse I don't whant to spend much and have the possablity of losing or breaking my arrows. Point is, can anyone direct me to some arrows that are cheap but still worth it?

:I have a Red Stag traditional recurve with a 45 pound draw.

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there, I can't but others will.

3. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First, use this to select a shaft.
    Easton shaft selector
    If you use easton game getter xx75 aluminum arrows, you'll probably want 2213 s depending on your arrow length and point weight. If you get carbons, you'll want a 500 spine. The xx75 is pretty inexpensive and durable, as are easton powerflight carbons.
    You may want to try gluing in your nocks on the arrows you already have, they should not be breaking or coming off unless they are not attached properly or are making a lot of contact with the shelf, in which case a simple fur or rug arrow rest might help give you better clearance. Check out 3Rivers
    Hope that helps!

4. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
Tags: