how do you become a tournament archer

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by ArcheryAddict21, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    whats up guys I've shot a bow now for 16+ years and is my passion in life. Although i shoot alot, the only thing ive done with my bow thus far is hunt with it. I shoot a lot and now want to try competing but have no idea how to get into it. I'm extremely competitive, being an athlete my whole life, and now want to compete doing something i really love. Do i need to join a club? or can i just search for 3D shoots online and just show up? is there any money in it? Any information helps guys thanks.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd join a club, simply because you will get an opportunity to start shooting around other guys that are already in the game. It will cut your learning curve way down compared to just showing up at local events and starting.

I'd start by asking your local shops about what clubs the better target guys are hanging out out. Some are very hunting oriented and some are very target oriented. If you really want to get good at this game, find the best target guys in the area and surround yourself with them. Start at the local events, and start to look up where the state and regional events are hosted for IBO, ASA, NFAA, or NAA. All are international sanctioning organizations that host various target events and venues.

Good luck!

3. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is good advice. Take it. :D

4. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    alright guys thanks ill definitely do that!