Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vinniemuzychko is offline Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had that same problem, and i had to jerk each shot up. My main issue was anticipating the shot. I would assume that that is your main issue, which is causing you to flinch. It was awful. However, I found if I center the pin above the target and slowly drop it down over the bullseye while squeezing the trigger, i got used to the bow going off and seeing the pin on the target. after a few repetitions of this, I was able to hold the pin on the bullseye without any trouble and squeeze the trigger on the release.

Pinnacle Archery is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone who said blind bail shooting. Or atleast take the aiming out of the picture and get comfortable with the release. This is pretty common and can be all but eliminated with proper training in back tension shooting. You dont want to be thinking about making the bow go off..it should just do it without your brain shutting down the focus on the target and the only way to get this proper shooting tech is to shoot at close range...just a couple yards at best. 75% of my practice occurs at 2 or 3 yards from the target.
    Custom Compound Bow Strings and Wrist Slings
    www.pinnaclearchery.com
    Join us on Facebook for website discounts!
    www.facebook.com/Pinnaclearchery
    208-262-6226

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shooting at huge paper plate sized targets at close range helps a lot. IMO the target panic comes from trying to shoot dime sized holes (or arrow damaging groups) at tiny targets. Shooting at larger targets and allowing the pin to center settle makes shooting much easier and the bow will just kind of go off when it is centered.
    No Guts... No Story!

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy Man View Post
    Shooting at huge paper plate sized targets at close range helps a lot. IMO the target panic comes from trying to shoot dime sized holes (or arrow damaging groups) at tiny targets. Shooting at larger targets and allowing the pin to center settle makes shooting much easier and the bow will just kind of go off when it is centered.
    I typically get it worse on 3d targets...not sure why? Its all in your head!
    www.pinnaclearchery.com
    208-262-6226

cmonsta is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like an update if you have one bud. Did anything work for you? What worked best? I have the same issue. Blind bail shooting and close range shooting has helped me a lot. Just before season this year it peaked bad. But I have it most of the way calmed down now. Always like to hear what works for others though. If there's somethin else you did that I can try maybe it would kick the last little bit.
    Mathews MR6-80lbs 28.5"
    Easton FMJs-505g total, 295fps
    Montec G5s
    Millennium M100
    Northeast PA

Check us out at:
    http://pabowhunting.wix.com/pabh
    Follow us on Facebook:
    facebook.com/PABowhunting

http://forums.bowhunting.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8790&dateline=1347025  101

-John

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle Archery View Post
    I typically get it worse on 3d targets...not sure why? Its all in your head!
    I am thinking I would definitely try to get it resolved on something other than 3D. You don't want that being reinforced.

When I shot 3D targtes I was always so focused on trying to hit the heart outline that I developed TP a little. When I began viewing the larger killzone as my target and centering on it, TP went away. Again trying too hard to be perfect is what causes it for me. Relax... this is supposed to be fun.
    No Guts... No Story!

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy Man View Post
    I am thinking I would definitely try to get it resolved on something other than 3D. You don't want that being reinforced.

When I shot 3D targtes I was always so focused on trying to hit the heart outline that I developed TP a little. When I began viewing the larger killzone as my target and centering on it, TP went away. Again trying too hard to be perfect is what causes it for me. Relax... this is supposed to be fun.
    Agreed...I think mine is mostly in my head on the 3d course...doesnt usually bug me too bad until the end of the day!
    www.pinnaclearchery.com
    208-262-6226

nwflycaster is offline Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had target panic in the form of my entire right arm flinching in anticipation of the shot. Rarely did I release the arrow when this happened, only a few times, but I would have to start my shot sequence all over again. The more I practiced, the worse I was getting. I switched from a wrist strap with trigger release to a back tension hinge release. It has been a year since the switch and I have not had so much as a single flinch since. I figured if there was no trigger, finger or thumb I couldn't punch it or anticipate the shot. It worked for me but everybody is different so it may not help you, just another option to try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12