Hogg Father Questions

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by konrad, Oct 7, 2012.

1. konrad

konrad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Everyone,

First, let me say that I am a died-in-the-wool Spot Hogg fan. I use the Hogg It, wrapped sight with an extra long bar, the Wise Guy release and even use the B-Stinger stabilizer and Feather River quick release attachment (both suggested by the folks at Spot Hogg). After using my Hogg It, I told my Chief Financial Officer that henceforth I would no longer need to budget for upgraded sights (except for maybe a lens)

Then I saw the Hogg Father sight and scope advertised…

Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Hogg Father?

I know I should just go with my gut but thought I should ask anyway.

2. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is nice if you like a single pin. Basically the Tommy hog with the hogg it together. Very easy to use and set up. I would tell you to buy some HHA tape to put on the sight for your yardages. They retail for 229 at our shop and we do sell a few but it takes a special guy to want something like that. For the hunting set up I find it a little harder to use. For the avid 3d guy they love it. Also you can order the lens from Spot Hogg for the Hog Father Cheaper.

3. mynameismathews

mynameismathews Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had my Hogg Farther since it came out, I use it for 3D and hunting they recently came out with a two pin in a single pin design for hunting but it's simple to use and probably the toughest and most reliable sight out there mainly you have to have a fat wallet but you will have it for awhile.