CHAIN RANCH BOAR HUNT, Canton OK, COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by tomcamaro97, Feb 24, 2016.

1. tomcamaro97

tomcamaro97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wanted to put this out there to hopefully save the next guy the disappointment. Went on a chain ranch 2 day boar hunt two weeks ago. 7 guys at the place.. not a single boar was seen in their preserve or even kicked up while being taken to the stands. 2 boars were seen by guys hunting on the non preserve land. with one being taken... by my count thats a 14% sucess ratio a far cry from the 90% advertised on their site... dont waste your time... the only highlight was our guide was awesome , but unfortunately i didnt come down there to meet a nice guide.. i came down to shoot boar... and there werent any. I gave them over a week to respond to my dissapointment with their hunt, they didnt even respond.

2. tomcamaro97

tomcamaro97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    oh and no exotics were available either.. also according to the guide they get very minimal bow hunters.. the range was closed when we got there.. so i had to sight my bow in behind the cabin, only about a 20 yard area where i had to be very carfull not to shoot a cow in the background. we had very good seasonable weather..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry your hunt was bad but glad to hear the damn pigs are thin, lol.

4. tomcamaro97

tomcamaro97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Keep in mind we were hunting on a preserve.. so i dont think thats really much an an indicator of activity in the area...

But wanted to give an update: after a follow up email they did respond and were apologetic about the situation, and did offer us a discounted hunt in the future to try and make it up to us.. not sure if we will give them another chance, but wanted to let people know they did us right.. to a degree...

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sure leaves a bad taste when it's a so-called preserve and there isn't anything there.