Does anyone want to babysit a Newb?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by according2me, Feb 15, 2017.

1. according2me

according2me Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Basically there is only so much information i can learn from Youtube. I would like to meet up with someone in or around Houston Texas area.. I just got my Bow and have yet to shoot it. I know ZERO about hunting. I am a California transplant so i really dont know to many people that hunt. especially bowhunt.

Any help or tips would be great. is there clubs or like meet up groups? Thank you all

2. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site and to Texas. Im not around Houston but a simple search of bow shops in your area will tell you where to start. Call them and tell them that you are green to to sport and want to learn. Some will be able to give you some time and attention and some may not. Once you get it sited in and shooting then its mostly practice after that. Mainly for you, let someone at a bow shop figure out the right arrow for your draw length and poundage.

3. West_Bay_Wader

West_Bay_Wader Newb

Dislikes Received:
    West Houston Archery is a great place for gear and has a good indoor range. Better than that I have found the staff and all of the customers there to be friendly and very helpful. They are one of the countries top Mathews dealers. I would gladly shoot with you but a relative noob too. My first year with a bow. I still need to post my into note on the site. I have been reading and learning for the past couple of months.

4. according2me

according2me Newb

Dislikes Received:

I
    Ill check it out. My brother in ATL just sent me his new PSE bow decked out with arrows, case etc.. He bought it as an extra and never used it. IM going to shoot it this weekend.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like I remember some folks from about an hr or so west (maybe NW) of Houston maybe in the FB Blue Collar Bowhunting group...it's another resource.

Also even if you don't have folks local who can help you locally, there are a lot of helpful folks on this forum just search or create new threads for topics or questions you have.

6. martin sabre1967

martin sabre1967 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if your ever in or around the okc area id be glad to shoot with ya. i got 5 acres and we can shoot as much as you want

7. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is also bow zone in spring they have a cool 3d range. As for hunting start scouting in SHNF now or get on one of the many leases in TX.

8. TexANunez23

TexANunez23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bow zone is where it's at!...jk but great staff the guys and gals there really take good care of you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app