Oklahoma 2016 - 17 Season

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by TeamOkie918, Nov 10, 2016.

1. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The weather hasn't cooperated too well with it feeling more like summer than hunting season, but has anyone done any good yet this year? Hopefully with the weather breaking and cooler temps coming,the deer will start moving a little more. I've basically just got pics from trail cams of the deer still being nocturnal so far this year, and have only seen two does in during my trips to the woods this season. How is everyone else doing so far? And how about posting some pics of anything you have put in the dirt this season???

2. ath1089

ath1089 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from the northwestern part of Oklahoma and it's been really slow here. Starting to pick up now since the temp drops at night/early morning.

3. 78littlered

78littlered Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had nine bucks and 6 does last Saturday and Sunday hunts. Had good deer movement during both am and pm hunts. This weekend should be good. Good luck to all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. Red Dirt Stomp

Red Dirt Stomp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Mayes County. The rut didn't seem to impressing to me. Ive seen plenty of good action throughout the season so far but no noticeable increase during rut. I did watch one buck chase a doe pass my tree stand but that was about as wild as it got. We still have 1 & 1/2 months left. Good luck!

5. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A month and a half and I only have a doe in the dirt so far (took her in Osage Co.). I was hoping to get a good buck before season is out, but at this point I'm all about meat in the freezer for the year.