Possible Texas hunt questions

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by coheley665, Jan 15, 2014.

1. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright for you guys that live in Texas I have a few questions. My mom just ended up buying a house with a little bit of property in Comal county. I will be heading down there during easter holiday. Was looking at trying to hunt turkeys while I was down there. I also noticed they have a gator season there. I was wondering if you guys could fill me in on any information for non resident. Would a Gator even be possible for a non resident?

2. Shaftem

Shaftem Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about that. I do know no res license is about $500 but its a bunch of tags. id pick up a tpw booklet and look or go online to texas parks and wildlife that my help. if you haven't done that yet

3. Govtrapper

Govtrapper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is an app for the book now. I live in far west Texas I will have to see where Comal county is. Sorry I don't know much about the gator question

4. Rogue6

Rogue6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I looked in the TPWD online Regs this is a Snip from them for your gen info. I recommend you go to TPWD Site and fill in on the rest. I'm not sure how many if any gators are in that county.

"In all other counties (non-core counties):
    •Open season: April 1 - June 30. Alligators may not be taken during this season on any property where alligators were taken during the September season.
    •Bag Limit: One alligator per person per license year.
    •Alligators may be taken on private property ONLY. Alligators may be taken from public waters by all lawful means EXCEPT FIREARMS; however, the person taking the alligator and the taking device MUST be on private property."

Turkey Season Comal County: Mar 31- May 3

Gen Info go to TPWD site for more recommended

Non-resident General Hunting
    Type 105:$315
    Valid to hunt any legal bird or animal (including deer). Stamp endorsement requirements apply.

Non-resident Spring Turkey
    Type 118:$126 – Available after February 1st
    Valid to hunt turkey only during the open spring turkey season. Holders of this license are exempt from the upland game bird stamp endorsement requirements. (Unlawful to possess both this license and a valid Non-Resident General Hunting License.)

Good Luck and post pics next to some cactus if you bag a big Rio!