looing for hog hunting outfitter

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by greenhead1977, Sep 30, 2013.

1. greenhead1977

greenhead1977 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm wanting to take a trip to OK or NE TX for a hog hunting trip this next spring. I'd prefer to bowhunt wild pigs but would consider a large ranch "free range" hunt. I'm looking for opinions from those who have actually used a place and not hearsay.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. Diamond Shooter

Diamond Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

90% to 95% of the places are high fence you will find on the internet especially in OK and NE, I got go roped into a trip in a high fence trip a few years back and i didnt enjoy it to much, I was pretty much guaranteed a hog, you didnt have to worry about scent prevention or anything like that. The outfitter lied and said we had a 60 % chance of getting a hog if we kept are scent down ,in reality i could of probably speared one from my blind they also lied about the size of the hunting preserve. Feeder goes off your surrounded with pigs and you just pick one and shoot. Not my kind of thing, But alot of people get enjoyment out of it . Just not for me. Just a few things to take in consideration before planning a hog hunting trip.

5. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I was you I would try finding a land owner who has them as a problem and if your a presentable and friendly guy a lot of times they will let you shoot pigs. Farmers and ranchers hate the things.