Southeast TN hunters had any luck in this wind?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by TN Natural Born Killer, Dec 15, 2016.

1. TN Natural Born Killer

TN Natural Born Killer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I saw 13 last night and saw 8 this morning, along with 9 gobbled. Tonight I had a little 6pt Chase 4 does under me after it got dark. Couldn't believe they were moving that good but it has been super slow for a week and now finally moving back to feed pattern. Always some big bucks around here killed in mid to late December. Any of you guys from Southeast TN have as good of luck as I have?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I want to come hunt with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see any deer today haven't seen a turkey since bow season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TN Natural Born Killer

TN Natural Born Killer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I killed one with a bow 11 1/2 in beard and 1 1/2 spurs. I just got home from work and took a shower and laid down for the day. My son slammed the door when he was leaving for school and woke me up. For some reason I looked out the back door and he was about to cross under the barbwire fence into my yard. He did but I couldn't walk out the door with white basketball shorts on and vols hoodie on. All I could do was open the door and hope he walked I. Front of where I could actually shoot. At this point my front foot is against the dryer and I'm trying to make sure my can and limbs are not gonna hit in the doorway when I shoot lol. He finally walked in the land and he was 67 yards when I ranged the spot my arrow was dug up in the ground. Way to far to be honest. I'm not gonna lie I have killed deer quite a few times at over 70 yards. I was young and dumb and thought that if I could see it I could kill it. I have been very lucky to make a clean and humane shot on every deer I have shot at long distance thank God. My first turkey with a bow and I have always said that I was gonna do it every year and I never had an opportunity to shoot at one. I may have jumped the gun a little taking that shot but the rage just blew his whole chest cavity out and the entry side wing completely off. It was amazing.

PSE Vendetta #70dw 30dr
    Carbon Express Maxima Red
    Lumenok,Apex 3Pin,QADHDX
    Rage Hypodermic 100gr