Question for the VA guys.

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by slowpoke69, Dec 16, 2015.

1. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    License Exemptions
    All persons, except those listed below, must purchase the proper licenses before hunting or trapping. Where exempt, the exemption means the individual is exempt from the basic hunting license; bear license, deer/turkey license, archery license; muzzleloading license; trapping license; and Virginia Migratory Waterfowl Conservation Stamp. All seasons, bag limits, and checking requirements apply.

Resident or nonresident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner's parents, resident or nonresident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish (on inland waters) within the boundaries of their own lands.

I'm about to become a spouse of a grandchild of someone who owns land in VA. Am I missing something? Even though I'm a non - resident I don't need a license? I just have to follow the seasons, bag limits, check ins along with any and all laws. With in the boundaries of his land. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

2. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe you are right. VA rules seem to be written just to catch someone doing something illegal but I have never read other states laws either so it may be this way everywhere. To me it sounds like you wouldn't have to buy anything although I thought you still had to buy the deer tags but maybe not.