Bowhunting in south Louisiana?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by BowCommander, Nov 22, 2016.

1. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a friend that's drawn interest in bow hunting. He's pretty determined, got a nice bow set up and a new Silverado and is ready to hit the woods.

His only problem is he hasn't been able to find public areas to hunt on around where he's at and doesn't know a lot of other people around that way that shares interest in the sport willing to tell of good areas. Anyone on here from around that area or have knowledge of the area?

He's from south Louisiana, looking for anywhere south of Alexandria. Around Lafourche parish. If anyone knows of any good public land to hunt around that way or any public hunting clubs or anything, please let me know.

Thanks! God bless and happy hunting! :)

2. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All of the wma and refuges in louisiana are listed in the back of the yearly hunting pamplet should be easy enough for him to look through them and find the ones that or close to him, they are listed with there location and season dates and other info.

3. A5BLASTER

Dislikes Received:
    Also wma and refuge lands have different rules and seasons then private land so he should read and learn the specific rules for the public land he intends to hunt.

4. Jordan86

Jordan86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Silverado?! He needs a boat where he's at! I'm in MS right on the state line with LA. I haven't hunted many places but the Pearl River WMA is about 2 hrs from him. It's pretty decent for deer and hogs. It'd be up Hwy 10 past NOLA where the 10, 12 and 59 intersect.

5. A5BLASTER

Dislikes Received:
    There is also one right outside the city of Homa and there are several along the I10 and I 49 corridors that give up some big bucks every year most of them he will need a boat as well.

6. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you know where at specifically off I-10?

Thanks for all the responses guys!

7. tstraight

tstraight Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know of a few places in the area that he lives that I could tell him about. Also I have a lease that I've been over for about 20 yrs just west of Alexandria about 40 mins if he's interested in it. I'm always looking for a member or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums