Insane Archery Camera Bow Mount Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Iowa Bowhunter, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Iowa Bowhunter

Iowa Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As promised, here is the review of the Insane Archery Bow Camera Mount. First, I gotta tell ya you that I received much faster than I expected. I live in Iowa and the product came from Calif. I ordered it directly from the insane archery website early afternoon on Monday 9/13. After an hour after I ordered with my paypal account, Brian the owner from Insane archery sent me an e-mail thanking me for my order and letting me know that I would received it by Thurs or Friday at the latest. I came home from the doctor this afternoon and was surprised that it was in the mail box. Customer Service and Shipping I give an A+. It couldn't have been any better or faster.

When I opened the box, I was surprised at how light the camera mount is. The insane archery (IA) website says it weighs 2.8 oz and I am very glad that it is very light.

The next thing I noticed while inspecting the mount is the workmanship of the mount. You can tell that alot of time was spent on it's design and the quality of materials is excellant. I didn't test the durablity by doing any silly tests such as throwing it around or hitting it with a hammer. You'll just have to trust me when I say it's well built.

Speaking of the design another feature that I really like is that the camera mount has incorporated 100% captive hardware which eliminates the need to use tools once it's attached to a bow. That means no loose screws, nuts or bolts that could fall off in the blind or tree stand. Also, a large rosette knob is easy to grip.

This camera mount gives you alot of different mounting options, which I like. This is the feature that sealed the deal for me. You can mount it on several places on the bow to give you the best view. This is accomplished by a full 180º range of motion swing arm. The camera mount swing arm can effortlessly be moved into one of 5 semi-locking positions, without ever being removed from your bow.

After the hunt and it's time to put the bow back into my hard shell case I noticed that the design allows for the mount to fit in the my travel case while still attached to your bow. The system can be permanently attached to your bow and does not need to be removed every time. This is awesome and one less thing to have to do.

Bottom Line: The Insane Archery Camera Bow Mount is in my opinion the best and easiest camera mount on the market. It's design works flawless and is bulit with quality materials all the while priced right at about $40 plus shipping. Combine this with an owner (Brian Piltz) who is an avid bowhunter and does business like it used to be you can't go wrong with this camera mount. Customer Service and Shipping was great and Brian offers a 100% 90 day money back guarantee. Are you kidding me. 3 months to try it out. Trust me when it's on your bow you ain't gonna want to send it back.

I'm not sure how or if I can post a video on here. If I can then I will shoot some video this weekend and post it up. In the mean time, there are a few video's on youtube that you can look at if you want to see footage.

2. BEAR09

BEAR09 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the initial review IB.

What camera are you planning to use?

C

3. Iowa Bowhunter

Iowa Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last week I bought a JVC Everio camecorder along with a 4GB SD card. It's my first camcorder and it's so easy to take great looking video even a "video dummy" like me can shoot quality video. LOL.

4. InsaneArchery

InsaneArchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, and thank you all for your interest in the InsaneArchery Camera Bow Mount. If you'd like to see a video I did using the mount, go to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoY6vt0Wkj8. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks again for you comment and review. I really enjoy the forum.

5. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice review, thanks IB

Edit: Went ahead and placed an order this morning for one. Super quick response here as well from the owner, Brian. Excited about giving it a go when I get it in.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  6. bowfisher

bowfisher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Very interesting! Thanks