NAP Killzones ??

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mitch310, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    RAGE 2 blade

2. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How did your post contribute to the topic? Let me answer that for you - It didn't. What a useless post.

If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic don't post.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched to Killzones this year and so far they have been a solid broadhead for me. I Shot my buck this year and hit him a little far forward, basicly shoulder shot and it made it through the first shoulder and into the vitals. And the broadhead was fully intacted and functional with slight bend to one of the blades when i recovered it out of the deer. Also to note i shoot a Mathews monster 70 lbs and my arrow is a FMJ 340. I believe switching to a heavier arrow this year helped a great deal with the penetration on this buck.

Resampled_1352034285874.jpg

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Former Rage user here, Loved the Rages and had a ton of kills with them,,Im using Kill zones now and LOVE them,,,They dont come open in quiver anymore and the blades seem way more durable.

5. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really liked the Rages but also had troubles with them coming open in the quiver. I've been using the Killzones this year and it isn't an issue.

6. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was a NAP fan from the beginning of my bowhunting career. I shot the spitfires last year with great results, but liked the looks of the 2" cut on the Killzones so I gave them a try this year. What a great decision!!!

I shoot a mathews z7x at 70 lbs 30" draw. My arrows are easton FMJ 300 spine weighing 532 grains. The bow shoots them 262 f.p.s. and this gives me just over 81 ft/lbs of KE. Deer do not stand a chance against this setup tipped with a Killzone! Ive shot 2 does and 1 buck so far with this setup. (see team 31 thread for pics). The first was a doe, i blew through the center of her off shoulder blade. she died in about 40 yards with a double lung hit. The head was still reusable. Second doe I hit her way far back because she quartered to far away at the last second, the killzone entered just infront of her back leg and passed through infront of her off shoulder, 30 yard track job head intact and reusable. Lastly, I killed a 220 pound mature Kansas buck. Entered behind the near shoulder, took out both lungs and the arrow didnt pass through, but destroyed his off shoulder. He bounded off on the near leg with the off leg flailing like a limp noodle for 30 yards and tipped over. This head however was not reusable, the ferrule and COC tip were fine, but the blades were bent up pretty bad.

The blood trails are adequate, I feel they are better with the three blade spitfire, but when you watch your deer drop from the tree the blood trail becomes less important. I see myself shooting the killzone with a heavy arrow setup for a long time to come.