Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So did you buy it or are you doing the monthly subscription? Single app or the full package?

Don't feel like dropping $1,899 on the full package...

2. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the production premium package. It was listed at $1,899 but since my wife is a fulltime student we got some sort of discounted student pricing.

One thing to consider is in CS6 I can use different video formats on one timeline without transcoding. That means I can start a project with my main camera settings then drop my GoPro or DSLR footage in anywhere without transcoding. Not sure you can do that with final cut. Something to think about when guys send in their footage.

CS6 could be overkill for what you are doing. As far as I can tell what you’re using now looks pretty good.

3. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what transcoding means but, I've been dropping in my main camera, GoPro, Playsport, DSLR and a basic Sony HandyCam. The clips render after you drop them in, but that's about it. They I just start editing away.

I'll check into a free trial on CS6. I would be more interested in the monthly package vs. $1,899 up front. That's another reason why I like the FCPX....$299.

4. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it's been a while since I checked in. Little mans been a blast and kept me pretty busy. Looks like some nice pics and videos from you guys.
    I did manage to sneak out for a hunt today. I gotta say i love hunting this time of year now. Can't beat getting out yesterday for a quick walk and seeing some heavy traffic so had to give one last try. Weather was beautiful and couldn't have had a much better time just getting out.
    Last light caught a glimpse of a deer through a pretty tight shooting lane. It's head was just out of view. Wife wanted more meat and I didn't want to eat a tag since probably won't be out any more this season, so pending tracking in the morning should have my other 50 points on the board for us.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Turro!!

Derek, I think your show will look great with whatever you get. I think guys that spend $1900 for software plan on using it a ton.

6. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Turned out to be the button buck I saw on the cam. Wish it was one of the does but I'll console myself with backstraps tonight. Guess that concludes my season of quality deer mismanagement.
    I knew I hit high and forward cause of how he ducked and glanced off a tiny twig. On the plus side was far enough forward to hit neck good and killzone opened it up nice.
    Shot 4:40 PM, recovered this morning. Got my little hunting buddy his first hunting pics too
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats bro!

8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Dude. Epic. I shared it out my SBO page.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its not hunting related but I had a early start to my day today, at 1:30 A.M. my pager went off for a working fire! I went to our station and hopped on our engine. As we were traveling down the highway you could see where we were heading, this building was fully involved. We get on scene and it is a large recycling center. After it was all said and done we were on scene for about 8hours! This was my first major fire I went on since getting on my department back in the fall. Here is a link to a video of the fire.

WICD NewsChannel 15 :: News - Top Stories - Urbana Recycling Center Destroyed by Fire

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm goin out this weekend and filling the rest of my tags with does I think.

The worst part about not winning the contest is not the loss but in fact not being on the same team as you guys next year. By far my favorite team I've been on. Thanks for a great season guys.

11. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it never fails! I stayed in tonight to spend some time with my daughter and wife. Next thing I know I get a text from a buddy who hunts the property south of me and it stated "A monster just stepped out of your point in the grass!". Needless to say I have been sitting in my stand that is 30 yards from that point. :( I hope he is there in the morning since I will be in the stand tomorrow morning. I am not giving up yet but we will see what is going on. I hope to get one that still has his antlers on his head. You all know me when it comes to sheds I am a FREAK!

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks dawg, I haven't been out recently since I got home. I've been running around with Christmas and family stuff since I got back. I plan on getting back out tomorrow afternoon and as much as possible until I head back to school.

Good luck to everyone still hunting, I will probably be done once I get back to school. I haven't been out as much as I would like but it's just been a busy season for me. It's not over until it's over but it's not looking to good right now. I've enjoyed this team a lot and I'm sorry I couldn't do my part to try and keep it rolling another year.

13. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made it out one last time this past weekend and doubled up on does. Pretty fun sit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My hunting season is officially OVER all. A few of my target bucks have shed one side already. I found my big 10's right side today. Here is the shed I found and then on top of that I found two others today one old and one fresh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was out for possibly my last hunt of the season and got blanked. It warmed up today so I figured I would head out for a afternoon hunt. I got out and set up about 2, it was started to get snowy and windy. I thought they would be moving because the warmer temps , well they did but the does came through about noon so I was behind on when I should have been out :sad:

I need some better late season hunting spots because where I'm at is not really set up for the winter. I need some food sources to sit over. As I was driving back I saw the body of 3 deer feeding over a green field and i could make out 2 racks for sure. Little frustrating since I haven't had much luck this year and all the nice deer I have seen is from the truck and not my stand.

16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Its been a great year fellas, couldn't have asked for a better team. I hope i did well as your leader!

17. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You were a good captain :tu: thank you.

I agree I enjoyed this team a lot. Hopefully I can have some of you on future teams as well.

Sent from my iPhone

18. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a great time with you guys too for my first season. Definitely learned a lot and always more fun with friendly competition. Shed season I won't be taking part. Hoping to get out and look some but too many things to commit and not huge potential with the deer that stuck around til now. Working some on trails and little early prep for next season the few moments I can. I'll be lurking on here for what I can too. Looking forward to hopefully going to the get together and maybe if the Wisconsin public land hunt is on again next season maybe heading to that too.

19. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I let you all down with no antlered deer. I could of but they were just to small this year.

20. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Other than that it was a great time and great friends for sure. Siman you did well my friend.